Groups

Any gardeners on here

Anyone know what is best for clearing blackfly from dahlia`s, roses etc.worst I have ever seenbe grateful for your advice

10 Comments

It may sound silly but washing gently with soapy water is an idea. Better than using chemicals. It takes a few days for them to die - they end up dieing of starvation so i am told.

you will get a better response if you post in this thread Over the garden fence

cant edit my thread, but that is a clicky link, doesn't show to well as it needs to be bolder.

Amibees - I think this thread should be moved to misc!!

Yes, people swear by spraying with soapy water ( still using chemicals but not pesticides!). Some add garlic or chives to it, or have mainly a garlic infusion with a drop or two of washing up liquid.

Do it in the evening so it stays wet and doesn't dry in the sun, also you could remove quite a lot by hand before spraying and crush to death.

clicky for gardening thread

I see we have the same hymn sheet Rich *thumbs up*

Bit of Fairy washing up liquid and water spray it on, should get rid of them, any washing up liquid will do.

Banned

ladybugs

lumoruk

ladybugs

I see the American way of doing things on this site has infected you too

OP. Washingup Liquid as stated above.

If you get yourself a pressure sprayer and load it up with water and washing up liquid this will actually blast them off as well .... it works really well. I bought a sprayer from Poundland and its done the job

roseclear systemic insecticide and fungicide will do both jobs. Spray once a fortnight for good healthy plants

Original Poster

thanks all
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a luxury five-star break for two in Paris with Le Bristol Paris and Eur…67
      2. Win a Davosa Ternos Submariner Wristwatch worth £64545
      3. Win a flagship smartphone - the HTC U1134
      4. Magazine competitions - Issue 39 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk66

See more discussions