Any good 2 camera CCTV packages around?

Found 23rd Jul
Need CCTV for my terraced house to cover front and back. Any help would be appreciated thanks.
Community Updates
AskPhoto & Video
9 Comments
Have you seen the wireless Blink system?
Edited by: "terriclarkfan" 23rd Jul
Asume you mean external cameras, which would generally be physically outside the reach of tampering? If so, the simplest but fully-featured option may involve on-cam looping storage via microSD / TF card and app / device monitoring.
Probably start from around £25+ each for examples rated at 1080, with higher-grade consumer items from say £60+ including options from foreign suppliers. Random examples all requiring additional microSD / TF card for storage:
£26 fulfilled Amazon amazon.co.uk/dp/…MF/
£31 fullfilled Amazon amazon.co.uk/Vir…12/
£77 fulfilled Amazon impressive 5MP res (2560x1920) so good for zoomed detail amazon.co.uk/dp/…HH/
If you're comfortable with foreign-sourced options: say £52+ possibly plus circa £15 import fees and requirement to source power supply (say £5+ locally) for Dahua IPC-HFW2325S-W providing lens selection options at purchase, 2304x1296 3MP res with maximum featuresuite via Android / IOS / PC etc identified at dahuawiki.com/Tem…ile and related pages.
Is the £77 one the best? How long would it record with a memory stick and can I access the footage with phone?
AndyRoyd23rd Jul

Asume you mean external cameras, which would generally be physically …Asume you mean external cameras, which would generally be physically outside the reach of tampering? If so, the simplest but fully-featured option may involve on-cam looping storage via microSD / TF card and app / device monitoring. Probably start from around £25+ each for examples rated at 1080, with higher-grade consumer items from say £60+ including options from foreign suppliers. Random examples all requiring additional microSD / TF card for storage:£26 fulfilled Amazon https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0757F8YMF/ £31 fullfilled Amazon https://www.amazon.co.uk/Virtoba/dp/B07C977V12/£77 fulfilled Amazon impressive 5MP res (2560x1920) so good for zoomed detail https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07CN1DZHH/If you're comfortable with foreign-sourced options: say £52+ possibly plus circa £15 import fees and requirement to source power supply (say £5+ locally) for Dahua IPC-HFW2325S-W providing lens selection options at purchase, 2304x1296 3MP res with maximum featuresuite via Android / IOS / PC etc identified at https://dahuawiki.com/Template:Mobile and related pages.

rollercoaster6330 m ago

Is the £77 one the best? How long would it record with a memory stick and …Is the £77 one the best? How long would it record with a memory stick and can I access the footage with phone?

Branding, spec & features of the £77 Reolink item is the most generous of those three, and clearly reflected in price.
Footage is stored on an integral micoSD card (not included) and / or optionally uploaded via FTP to your preferred storage account (from under £1.50/yr), and can be accessed & copied via phone, tablet, etc.
Summary of the features of mobile app / PC client can be viewed at reolink.com/sof…al/ with option to download / decompress manuals. Some quick-look pix of app features at fccid.io/2AG…794 and multi-product page at reolink.com/pro…0w/
rollercoaster631 h, 12 m ago

Is the £77 one the best? How long would it record with a memory stick and …Is the £77 one the best? How long would it record with a memory stick and can I access the footage with phone?

I have that camera, it's very very good Over wifi it can be a bit flakey if your internet signal is weak due to the image quality it produces. I have the wifi one but it's over ethernet now so I can whack all the settings to max. It only uses the SD to capture your movement alerts. I have a 64gb in mine and it has maybe 4/5 days of alerts but my cam goes off a lot and I'm running full resolution. Yes you can acess it with a phone
If this good enough to get a quality picture of the bad guys face?
and from how far away ?

Most of the cheaper cams will give you an image , but when you zoom in there is not enough data for you or the police to identify the bad guy ,

and can you sent the movement area so the tree blowing in the wind will not trigger the record ?

thanks for the info
Edited by: "redondo" 25th Jul
i got mine from debenhams plus for a 2 camera set up
redondo25th Jul

If this good enough to get a quality picture of the bad guys face?and from …If this good enough to get a quality picture of the bad guys face?and from how far away ?Most of the cheaper cams will give you an image , but when you zoom in there is not enough data for you or the police to identify the bad guy , and can you sent the movement area so the tree blowing in the wind will not trigger the record ?thanks for the info

The pixel desity of the Reolink cam at 5MP is significantly higher than other cams described as HD / 1080 that are typically 2MP (2MP 1080 example: the HUKD favourite Yi Outdoor cam), so assuming similar lens spec & other processing, a general side-by-side comparison would mean the Reolink footage has greater detail and can tolerate greater enlargement before losing detail. From how far? Do you want distant coverage or wide angle? Can't have both unless you have adjustable lens. Subject Reolink lens is 4mm; Yi outdoor is 3.9mm
Extract from Reolink manual: Motion Detect Setup: Setting the motion detection area, you may drag the box to un-choose the area. For example , you can using the grid to cover your front door, so your front door will be set as the motion detection area.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions