any good broadband deals around?

Found 8th Jun
hey everyone

ive put my notice in to virgin as contract coming up and just want to hedge my bets in case i dont get a phone call with a better offer.

just wondering are there any decent deals doing the rounds at the moment for fibre bb? current paying £33 for 100meg bb, basic tv and basic phone. thats set to go up to £45 in a months time as offer will be coming to an end.

so looking to get something under £30 and would like speed ideally between 40 and 70, basically enough for me to stream hd.
Community Updates
Ask
6 Comments
Just got Vodaphone £20 per month through Martin moneysaver.
Exact same situation here. I have ~a month left so I called in yesterday and canceled. I'm paying £30 for 200meg BB (free upgrade from 100 a few months back), and unlimited calls. I literally asked for it to be kept the same but the lady didn't seem fussed, said it was a new customer deal and it would have to go up after 12 months.

To my surprise, Virgin are the only ones offering 100+ meg BB. The icing on the cake is that their 100meg package is priced similar to the other providers 50meg packages. If and when the retention team calls, I really don't have anything to counter with, guess I'd have to cancel and join as a new customer if they don't offer to keep it the same.
I too am looking for a new fibre broadband deal. In fact I was hoping there was a discussion thread like this to participate in.

A couple of days ago I went through the offers from the top providers and cashback websites to create a spreadsheet which you can see here

docs.google.com/spr…ing

I'm with plusnet already so can't go with them this year, otherwise they would be my first choice at £16.99 a month if paying for line rental upfront.

I only need 36Mb, so most likely providers for me are Vodafone with their minimum guaranteed speed of 25Mbps, or even EE.
Virgin looks good but would need to pay cessation charge of £30 to openreach.
mug5157 m ago

I too am looking for a new fibre broadband deal. In fact I was hoping …I too am looking for a new fibre broadband deal. In fact I was hoping there was a discussion thread like this to participate in.A couple of days ago I went through the offers from the top providers and cashback websites to create a spreadsheet which you can see herehttps://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wdHLPTMqcMfZ_LQ49QnJbL-UAEbpicz_LRF4BewVsk0/edit?usp=sharingI'm with plusnet already so can't go with them this year, otherwise they would be my first choice at £16.99 a month if paying for line rental upfront.I only need 36Mb, so most likely providers for me are Vodafone with their minimum guaranteed speed of 25Mbps, or even EE. Virgin looks good but would need to pay cessation charge of £30 to openreach.

Thanks very much! Thanks for sharing the info. Really appreciate it.
New customers at VM can get 100mb internet, line rental and basic tv package with v6 box etc. for an equivalent £14.50 per month. Use this as leverage with cancellations - or just sign up as a new customer with another household member.

See comments here:

hotukdeals.com/dea…413
karlie881 h, 23 m ago

New customers at VM can get 100mb internet, line rental and basic tv …New customers at VM can get 100mb internet, line rental and basic tv package with v6 box etc. for an equivalent £14.50 per month. Use this as leverage with cancellations - or just sign up as a new customer with another household member. See comments here:https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/virgin-media-player-bundle-w-free-upgrade-to-100mb-broadband-29-pm-12-months-20-set-up-fee-368-40-quidco-50-free-credit-code-2955413

I want to keep the landline number. So the new customer thing won't work. Thanks for the link.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions