Groups

Any good deals on HDD ?

On my last few GB on my stock of HDD, missed few deals lately but struggling to find any reasonably priced ones. I need this purely for storage so the criteria is cheapest £/TB.
    Thanks

14 Comments

Yeah, you need a few more details like drive size 2.5" or 3.5" and what are you using the drive for, NAS drive or Gaming ?

Original Poster

kester76

Yeah, you need a few more details like drive size 2.5" or 3.5" and what … Yeah, you need a few more details like drive size 2.5" or 3.5" and what are you using the drive for, NAS drive or Gaming ?

As indicated I need this for bulk storage so the only criteria is that it is the cheapest in terms of £/TB. Clearly 3.5" will be cheaper than the 2.5" portable ones and also happy to go for the recertified ones.
    Edited by: "varunadas" 17th Nov 2016

Both drives are re-certs but you get what you pay for to be fair and it depends on how important the data is.

Check Argos from tomorrow as its their black Friday sale

Original Poster

kester76

Both drives are re-certs but you get what you pay for to be fair and it … Both drives are re-certs but you get what you pay for to be fair and it depends on how important the data is.

Rate wise it is not that great to go for re-certified as in the £20/TB range you should be getting new drives of higher capacity.

Original Poster

paulw1953

Check Argos from tomorrow as its their black Friday sale

Thanks for the pointer.

You know there is a search on this website? And you people post deals on this website? Why don't you search this website?

varunadas

Rate wise it is not that great to go for re-certified as in the £20/TB … Rate wise it is not that great to go for re-certified as in the £20/TB range you should be getting new drives of higher capacity.

​No idea what you just said

Original Poster

Peter9588

You know there is a search on this website? And you people post deals on … You know there is a search on this website? And you people post deals on this website? Why don't you search this website?

Because I could not find any recent deals, I asked a question. If you do not have anything to post, why even respond to my question.

Original Poster

kester76

​No idea what you just said

I said when you can buy new drives at around £20/TB these pulled 2TB drives which have been used for at least 3 years would not be a sensible buy. I would go for recertified drives which are better than these second hand drives and also reviews of Aria warranty are not that great.

​Re-cert drives are pulled drives that are checked. What did you think re-cert meant ?

Original Poster

kester76

​Re-cert drives are pulled drives that are checked. What did you think r … ​Re-cert drives are pulled drives that are checked. What did you think re-cert meant ?

Only manufacturers can re-certify drives whereas pulled drives are merely second hand drives (used for almost its entire lifespan) which are data wiped. WD recertified are much more reliable compared to these Aria ones - and that too if it had been at reasonable prices I would have gone for it. With delivery charge added, it is not worth going for.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. which drill bit set for bosch cordless drill ixo range? hex?11
      2. GP Vaccinations: telling patient they are out of stock and go private44
      3. Has your £2.50 Topcashback been paid from the last offer?22
      4. Ripped off by GearBest, VERY ANGRY!2027

See more discussions