Groups

Any good deals on new boilers and installation please?

I really need some advice and would appreciate any help. My old, red heating pump doesn't work and I have had several plumbers look at it saying they need to drain the system etc and I would be best installing a new boiler. does anyone know the cheapest way that I can do this please? x

5 Comments

It's less than an hours work (you don't need to drain it regardless of the pump valves working) to change a pump. For £100 you can quite easily get the system running again then plan to fit a new system when you aren't desperate, and are able to do a bit of research.

If you really must get a new boiler, make sure a local sole trader/small company accepts cards and whack it on an interest free credit card. I'd suggest avoiding the previous plumbers who are more interested in selling a boiler than leaving a customer with a warm house.
    Edited by: "themorgatron" 4th Jan

If your system is completely clogged then swapping out the pump maybe wasted money. Did they recommend powerflushing/chemical flushing the system and what condition is your boiler in ?

themorgatron

It's less than an hours work (you don't need to drain it regardless of … It's less than an hours work (you don't need to drain it regardless of the pump valves working) to change a pump. For £100 you can quite easily get the system running again then plan to fit a new system when you aren't desperate, and are able to do a bit of research. If you really must get a new boiler, make sure a local sole trader/small company accepts cards and whack it on an interest free credit card. I'd suggest avoiding the previous plumbers who are more interested in selling a boiler than leaving a customer with a warm house.

​Why use a card?

philhib1964

​Why use a card?

More of a suggestion if it's an unexpected expenditure. It can also be handy use a credit card for the added protection.

themorgatron

More of a suggestion if it's an unexpected expenditure. It can also be … More of a suggestion if it's an unexpected expenditure. It can also be handy use a credit card for the added protection.

Agreed. I always pay on credit card where possible, then pay off balance immediately. It offers much greater protection if issues occur.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Ripped off by GearBest, VERY ANGRY!1618
      2. Iptv1228
      3. Music download79
      4. FedEx sent me a Duty & Tax Invoice - Advice needed67

See more discussions