EXPIRED

Any good deals on Uncharted 2 at the supermarkets?

I realise it is not out until tomorrow but there are often supermarket employees on this site who know of forthcoming deals. I normally wait and see but I really would like this game and haven't preordered.
Any idea if any of the big supermarkets (Asda, Morrisons, Tesco's) are planning any first day deals? Anything around the £30 mark would be great.

Sorry if this has alreadey been posted; I did a search but couldn't find it.

30 Comments

I'm doing the same strategy, though Tesco rarely do any decent new release deals these days it seems, so Asda then Morrisons is my order.

Please post again if you find anywhere.

Original Poster

Mmmm, so nothing yet then. Any Morrisons or Asda employees aware of anything or are you bound to silence until release??

Rumour is that shops won't get it until this afternoon and thats when news of any offer will emerge. they're putting it down to ASDA being undercut by Tesco by a couple of quid after they announced the Fifa 10 deal in the paper.

Whether its true or clutching at straws i don't know.

EDIT: phoned ASDA (well a friend did) and they say it's normal price, no deals

Was playing it last night from my pre order at Game for the special edition,i cant remember the last time i payed £40 for a game but something told me this was going to be worth it, and it is outstanding, rarely for me i actually bothered to watch the cutscenes there total quality, the game well on my 100' hi def projector looks unrivaled compared to anything else.

The multiplayer beta was amazing but it expired monday so now i need my fix back

£39.71 at asda i think anyone phoned tesco?

is anyone selling 2day? i remember last time a few stores sold new releases a few hours early

I've called all of my local stores (near Keele university, so Stoke area) to get the following information;

Morrisons - 39.99
Gamestation - 44.99
Tesco - Ring back tomorrow
Sainsbury's - Ring back tomorrow
Asda - Ring back tomorrow (Staff member said, "We've only got 15 copies, and we're selling it at a minute past midnight here, since we're a 24 hour store.").

Hope that helps people!

KitKatFox;6586756

I've called all of my local stores (near Keele university, so Stoke area) … I've called all of my local stores (near Keele university, so Stoke area) to get the following information;Morrisons - 39.99Gamestation - 44.99Tesco - Ring back tomorrowSainsbury's - Ring back tomorrowAsda - Ring back tomorrow (Staff member said, "We've only got 15 copies, and we're selling it at a minute past midnight here, since we're a 24 hour store.").Hope that helps people!

Cheers mate might just risk going tesco at midnight cant see them being more than asda

KitKatFox;6586756

I've called all of my local stores (near Keele university, so Stoke area) … I've called all of my local stores (near Keele university, so Stoke area) to get the following information;Morrisons - 39.99Gamestation - 44.99Tesco - Ring back tomorrowSainsbury's - Ring back tomorrowAsda - Ring back tomorrow (Staff member said, "We've only got 15 copies, and we're selling it at a minute past midnight here, since we're a 24 hour store.").Hope that helps people!

spoke to blockbusters and they selling it for £39.99 and a give £5 voucher off blockbuster rentals

Original Poster

Seems very suspicious that those supermarkets cannot tell you the price until tomorrow....

also a bit unfair to expect you to travel down in the early hours without giving you a price....

Just rang my local ASDA like 10mins ago [Norwich] And they told me the price will be £39.71.

So no deal

Just called again lol.. and it's now £37.91.

Well I said that on the phone, i'm not going to make a blind trip down to the store without knowing the price. I'll give Tesco and Sainsburys a ring in the morning to see if they're offering it at a good price. VERY disappointed that they aren't doing any deals on this title.

On a side note, I have read the opinions of other people on this forum and others. I think it may be a good idea to wait a few weeks and see if the price falls online, then again, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune took ages to fall in price if I remember correctly.

blockbusters have the best deal i think, as a member of blockbusters, i wouldn't mind the £5 voucher

someone told me it's £39.87 at tescos, still gonna buy

Well I know I won't be going to the town centre to try, all high street shops are price fixed HMV, Game, Game Station, they never reduce these days and wonder why the downturn in sales, when Zavvi & Woolworths were in the equasion you would always find one of them reduced by a fiver.

I'm just going to be patient on this one as there's some great games coming out in the next month.

I waited for Mini Ninjas and got it for £30 from Tescos in the end.

Call me tight but it's money saved towards the next game

any word on tesco/morrisons?

Still dont know tesco price, called yesterday and no-one could tell us. The fiancee and I went shopping early hours of this morning and Tesco claimed they couldnt find the boxes and therefore couldnt scan a price......sounded a bit shady! Went to Asda and paid £39.71, missed out on double points and possible cheaper price but for convenience, I just couldnt be bothered to go back!

Asda dont have any deals on uncharted 2

Any Advance On Tesco
Rep Added Killabyte

JBAUERBEATSJBOND;6592631

Any Advance On TescoRep Added Killabyte

as i mentioned above it's confirmed tesco's price is £39.87 as i got at midnight last night,:thumbsup:, still what a game, first time ive payed full price for a game and no regrets whatsoever. :thumbsup:

Banned

mine just arrived from tescos entertainment (£34.97 plus quidco and £12 of vouchers)

one word to describe the game so far - AMAZING!

The best game I have ever played and I've played all the top games on every next gen console

A proper 10/10 game and shows what the PS3 can really do.

Taken me 2 hours to do the first 2 levels cos I have to keep stopping to look around at the amazing graphics / scenery lol

The cover system in brill!

Original Poster

I went to Asda this morning and it was £39.71. Looks like Blockbusters is the best deal if you need the £5 of vouchers.

Or...wait a few weeks until the price drops...maybe I have enough games to keep me going....:-)

bought mine from blockbusters...but had to ask about the vouchers, then they gave them lol

Original Poster

Seems the Hut's price of £34.73 is the best online...but I want it tonight. Grrrr, can I resist?

EDIT: Bottled it and bought it from PC World.

splinters;6598138

Seems the Hut's price of £34.73 is the best online...but I want it … Seems the Hut's price of £34.73 is the best online...but I want it tonight. Grrrr, can I resist?

go for blockbusters...get the £5 voucher so u can use it in the future to rent a game free or 98p more for new releases for 5 days :thumbsup:

£39.99 in morrisons :thumbsup:
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Help choosing an Android box please.33
    2. whats a worthy sony x3 compact replacement?11
    3. What dog food do your feed your dog2333
    4. harley benton guitars11

See more discussions