Groups

Any good "net top" PC review sites? Do you own a Net Top?

Looking to sort out my media streaming set up and I like the idea of running a "Net Top" PC by my TV.
    it needs to be able to play 1080p films
    it needs to be running windows (which already leaves me at a loss as I don't know much about windows)
    it would be useful to have an optical out
    the quieter the better

other than that I'm easy lol

anyone own/recommend one? or any idea where I can find comparison sites?
    thanks

2 Comments

Look for something based on the Nvidia Ion platform (Intel Atom CPU with an Nvidia Chipset)...

Certainly not all that powerful but much better graphics than any Intel chipset and very low power (so it should also be quiet!).

jah128;6788976

Look for something based on the Nvidia Ion platform (Intel Atom CPU with … Look for something based on the Nvidia Ion platform (Intel Atom CPU with an Nvidia Chipset)...Certainly not all that powerful but much better graphics than any Intel chipset and very low power (so it should also be quiet!).

To expand on that, nettops aren't powerful enough to run 1080p video by themselves. Some of them do have an extra chip or extra circuits in the graphics chip like Ion that help in the playing of some video codecs so 1080p videos in those codecs will play.

I don't know much about the Ion but assuming it covers VC-1, MPEG and H.264 like it's bigger brothers it should be a safe choice.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17426157
      2. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …139333
      3. Your dream gaming set up?1019
      4. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread415814101

See more discussions