Any good place to buy used Servers?

Found 22nd Jan
Hi guys I'm looking for good used server to run 24 hours Plex server. Specially I like to buy Dell server PowerEdge R630 or PowerEdge R730.

any ideas?
Community Updates
Ask
6 Comments
Doesn't dell's business outlet store do refurbished servers?
the hell you doing that needs a PowerEdge R630, I use a HP Gen8 for Plex server and other things, that runs it fine, granted its not doing encoding, i just serve up at the content quality over the local network only.

Even then i suspect you could achieve your ends with a much cheaper and lower spec system. You really dont need all the server grade features of a server for a plex server. That being said i bought a rackmount because i fancied one, gave it away because of the fan noise
Original Poster
bjrosl1 h, 32 m ago

Doesn't dell's business outlet store do refurbished servers?

yes they do but quite expensive
Original Poster
jimhuf33 m ago

the hell you doing that needs a PowerEdge R630, I use a HP Gen8 for Plex …the hell you doing that needs a PowerEdge R630, I use a HP Gen8 for Plex server and other things, that runs it fine, granted its not doing encoding, i just serve up at the content quality over the local network only. Even then i suspect you could achieve your ends with a much cheaper and lower spec system. You really dont need all the server grade features of a server for a plex server. That being said i bought a rackmount because i fancied one, gave it away because of the fan noise

is those servers are too noisy
anuruddha7 h, 36 m ago

is those servers are too noisy

HP Gen8 is very quite. Gets great reviews as some of the silentpc sites.
Original Poster
MIDURIX3 h, 53 m ago

HP Gen8 is very quite. Gets great reviews as some of the silentpc sites.

Thank you
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions