Any good places for cheap furniture?

Posted 21st Dec 2019
Hello,

I am looking for some small furniture for a bedroom, things like drawers, tv stand etc

Does anyone know the best places for this online? Ikea looks ok but delivery is a bit much and the long wait time too.

I have considered local/freeads etc but I would consider new if the prices weren't too bad.

Thanks
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

12 Comments
Try Argos
The British heart Foundation near me often has new donated furniture pretty cheap
Charity shops? British Heart Foundation Furniture & Electrical ?
jysk.co.uk/

Lovely items, great prices, decent quality.
gumtree is a good place for cheap furniture. especially if you can get a van and collect yourself.
Amazon Warehouse (random in every way, and be prepared to send it back). Boyf once had a "there's a piece missing" moment halfway through building an undersink cabinet (though you should really check all the pieces beforehand).
groupon.co.uk/dea…n-2

Also 10% off for new accounts, very reasonable prices as wayfair and other companies sell this range for alot more.
British heart foundation is amazing for furniture, I also have a company near me called USC furniture there pretty good aswell
Try shpock too
I’d go for used solid wood furniture. You should be able to pick it up cheaper than the flat pack new stuff and it will last longer. Try eBay / gumtree and local charity shops. Being solid wood, you can just sand them back and either varnish, stain or paint if you want them all to match.
If you’re buying used, try to line up collection on the same day and hire a van for the day.
This is what I did when I bought my first house and saved a fortune. Also, buying used you’re not really going to loose any money when it comes to getting rid of them if you re sell.
Dunelm is cheapish too
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions