Any good portable car heaters out there?

Posted 23rd Oct
Hi. The air con in my car needs to be fixed and I need a temporary solution for the misty windscreen in the meantime. Can anyone recommend anything decent please?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

12 Comments
Fixing your heater/demister or getting rid of the damp would be a better solution.
deeky23/10/2019 11:38

Fixing your heater/demister or getting rid of the damp would be a better …Fixing your heater/demister or getting rid of the damp would be a better solution.

Thank you. I realise that's the better overall solution but I need a temporary solution until I am able to get it fixed.
porradude23/10/2019 11:56

Thank you. I realise that's the better overall solution but I need a …Thank you. I realise that's the better overall solution but I need a temporary solution until I am able to get it fixed.

There are plenty of 12v plug in solutions between £10 and £20 but they all get pretty poor reviews.
deeky23/10/2019 11:58

There are plenty of 12v plug in solutions between £10 and £20 but they all …There are plenty of 12v plug in solutions between £10 and £20 but they all get pretty poor reviews.

the 12v port probably has a 10a fuse, so thats 120w at best.

Just get a sponge, its what I use in my mr2 which gets lots of condensation because of the fabric roof.
Thanks, both.

Yea, I've had a look at amazon and like Deeky said, the reviews are mostly dire. Was just wondering whether any hukders had had any proper experience with any.

Failing that, a sponge will have to do.
rain x anti fog
Thanks, guys. Definitely looks a better option and cheaper too
Google - Cat litter and tights
porradude23/10/2019 14:04

Thanks, guys. Definitely looks a better option and cheaper too

Does it? Mixed reviews on Amazon! Let us know how you get on.
Well, in comparison to the heaters that cost about a tenner, they have better reviews and I'd rather spend £3 than £10 if the heaters are rubbish I've ordered the spray for delivery tomorrow so I'll post here after I've tried it.
My mates heaters didn't work in his car so he bought a load of them little tiny candles and put them on his dash
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants