Found 17th Apr 2009
anybody know where i could find a guide on how to build a pc with links to ideal websites where i should buy parts from etc.

1. Misc
  2. PC
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. PC
14 Comments

This what you do wise Jedi...go to [url]www.Overclockers.co.uk[/url] (excellent customer reviews and support)
or [url]www.ebuyer.com[/url]

May the PC be with you .....

Original Poster

Thanks but im a total beginner to this i dont even know what parts i need :thinking:

also novatech and scan are very good. Novatech do a good range of motherboard bundles which come with motherboard, processor and ram all preinstalled so you just have to install it in a case and connect your drives. For the most part, building a pc is no more difficult than lego. The hardest part is normally fault finding if it doesn't work properly. Just take your time and you will be fine

Buy a Barebones System, and then add Video Card , Hard Drive, DVD Combo Drive.

Question you need to ask is this for gaming or just day to days things, if its for gaming you need a ATI or Nvidia graphics with a 128mb of Min.

and remember to get max of 3GB of Memory for XP, Vista 32bit and 4GB for 64 bit Version, just get 32bit version for starters.

lambda-tek.com/com…htm

use that to see what stuff you might want, then use other shops to find the thing at a cheaper price.

Jack-L92;4948230

Thanks but im a total beginner to this i dont even know what parts i need … Thanks but im a total beginner to this i dont even know what parts i need :thinking:

What I suggest is a site like this:

techreport.com/art…721

This gives the best *current* combinations available at different price points. First thing you will probably have to decide is the cpu manufacturer ie Intel of AMD. This will dictate the choice of motherboard. What I suggest is put a list together and then repost it here for us all to check. Be wanted however it is a a very opinionated subject so expect a lot of replies!!! Good luck with the build and let us know how you get on.

xmal

Original Poster

Thanks for the help so far
and yes it will be used for gaming

Original Poster

budget of 400-500

Original Poster

Am i going to have to buy windows software?

Original Poster

bumppp

XP / Vista - Yes

Dude, if you don't know anything about it I wouldn't even attempt, theres a chance you'll just waste your money.

t0mm;4959823

XP / Vista - YesDude, if you don't know anything about it I wouldn't even … XP / Vista - YesDude, if you don't know anything about it I wouldn't even attempt, theres a chance you'll just waste your money.

Tending to agree here. Page 10 of that guide I showed you goes on about operating systems. Obviously you haven't read it
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Building a PC Need Help!611
    2. School shoes - with lights11
    3. Driving anxiety.1518
    4. Marks & Spencer Credit Receipt?65

See more discussions