Expired

any gym ppl used concept2 rowers? torn between model c and d

Found 12th May 2014
looking to invest in a decent rowing machine and have been looking at concept2, which are pretty much the best you can get. ive been offered an ex gym model c,fully refurbished with the updated pm3 computer from the newer d model. this is £600. or i can just opt for a brand new model d, but this is £860! has anyone got any experience in these models, maybe bought a fully refurbished one? probs a long shot but i know they are popular in gyms etc
Community Updates
11 Comments
They are without doubt the best rower for durability and smooth action.
not sure id pay £600 second hand though.
i was a physical training instructor in the military for 14yrs.
best 2k time 7.11
Original Poster
gr8t1

They are without doubt the best rower for durability and smooth … They are without doubt the best rower for durability and smooth action.not sure id pay £600 second hand though.i was a physical training instructor in the military for 14yrs.best 2k time 7.11

ive been checking, on ebay etc, and they seem to hold their value really well, most second hand model d's seem to go for over £700 even though they can be had for £860 brand new. im leaning toward the brand new,model d, the second hand one is fully refurbished, some ppl have said it will be pretty much as good as new. impressive times!!!
Concept 2 have always held their value.

I can't imagine there's much new about a new one feature wise though.

What does a d do that a c can't?
Original Poster
Derby_Lad

Concept 2 have always held their value.I can't imagine there's much new … Concept 2 have always held their value.I can't imagine there's much new about a new one feature wise though. What does a d do that a c can't?

think it has new,better quality grips, is quieter in use, much easier to fold and has less bulky design, for an extra £260 i know i will be getting a brand new updated model with no problems, but who knows, the differences might be so minor, i wont notice, ive never used either, and the refurbishment on the cheaper model might be excellent.
Original Poster
right ive done it, just got the brand new concept2 model d for £860, noticed when i was scrolling through that they had 12 month interest free credit aswell so opted for that, one off payment of £180 ish and 12 monthly payments of £57. never done finance on anything but didnt see an issue when its interest free
mart321

right ive done it, just got the brand new concept2 model d for £860, … right ive done it, just got the brand new concept2 model d for £860, noticed when i was scrolling through that they had 12 month interest free credit aswell so opted for that, one off payment of £180 ish and 12 monthly payments of £57. never done finance on anything but didnt see an issue when its interest free

Good deal. As others have said they hold their value well. I bought a second hand one on ebay & when I sold it I made a profit!
[quote=mart3t ive done it, just got the brand new concept2 model d for £860, noticed when i was scrolling through that they had 12 month interest free credit aswell so opted for that, one off payment of £180 ish and 12 monthly payments of £57. never done finance on anything but didnt see an issue when its interest free[/quote]

Can you tell me where you got a 0% finance deal from, looking at buying one but dont want to spend £870 in one go.
Edited by: "ukmonkey" 2nd May 2015
Original Poster
ukmonkey

[quote=mart3t ive done it, just got the brand new concept2 model d for … [quote=mart3t ive done it, just got the brand new concept2 model d for £860, noticed when i was scrolling through that they had 12 month interest free credit aswell so opted for that, one off payment of £180 ish and 12 monthly payments of £57. never done finance on anything but didnt see an issue when its interest free

Can you tell me where you got a 0% finance deal from, looking at buying one but dont want to spend £870 in one go.[/quote]

Was from a site called gymkit UK,

http://www.gymkituk.com/

They still do finance by the looks of it but not on the brand new models.

Edited by: "mart321" 2nd May 2015
mart321

Can you tell me where you got a 0% finance deal from, looking at buying … Can you tell me where you got a 0% finance deal from, looking at buying one but dont want to spend £870 in one go.

Was from a site called gymkit UK,gymkituk.com/
They still do finance by the looks of it but not on the brand new models. [/quote]

Hi thanks for that, shame they don't do finance on new one's, but no one seems to anyway.
Original Poster
ukmonkey

Was from a site called gymkit UK,http://www.gymkituk.com/They still do … Was from a site called gymkit UK,http://www.gymkituk.com/They still do finance by the looks of it but not on the brand new models.

Hi thanks for that, shame they don't do finance on new one's, but no one seems to anyway.[/quote]
I know, I remember I spent an age trying to find somewhere that did it. Keep looking though, there must be somewhere that does them. I'lle check myself later
mart321

Hi thanks for that, shame they don't do finance on new one's, but no … Hi thanks for that, shame they don't do finance on new one's, but no one seems to anyway.

I know, I remember I spent an age trying to find somewhere that did it. Keep looking though, there must be somewhere that does them. I'lle check myself later[/quote]
Thanks mart, been looking for a few months but can't find any 0% finance deals.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions