Groups
    EXPIRED

any help

i posted a game 1st class to someone on ebay on the 16th he has still yet to recieve,and on a side note i too have had a game posted to me on the same date that i have not recieved but dont know if it was sent first or second class.
    now i have the reciept but did not get recorded delivery is there much the post office can help me with here?
    i dont mind giving a refund at all but wondering what is the best way to go about it all.
    thanks in advance.

19 Comments

If you have proof of postage. Then put in a claim.

Original Poster

Adam2050

If you have proof of postage. Then put in a claim.

thanks adam silly question but how do i know if i have proof of postage?
    just the reciept?
    and how long before i can do this?
    thanks

nightstud

thanks adam silly question but how do i know if i have proof of … thanks adam silly question but how do i know if i have proof of postage?just the reciept?and how long before i can do this?thanks

All information can be found accurate here.

If you didn't ask for proof of postage then you probably don't have it. It will have the name and address of the person you sent the parcel to on it.

cdm22

If you didn't ask for proof of postage then you probably don't have it. … If you didn't ask for proof of postage then you probably don't have it. It will have the name and address of the person you sent the parcel to on it.

It's usually just wrote on so really not that hard to repeat if you needed too. As long as it has postage date and details. Can't really see how it differs maybe wrong.

Original Poster

thanks adam and cdm22 it says on the reciept keep this reciept as it is your proof of posting so i guess im ok just has postcode on it though.

we have 2 women work at our post office they both write the postcode on the receipt...the guy who owns the place put the postcode on the receipt printed..i was told the post office will accept printed on but paypal not..

Adam2050

It's usually just wrote on so really not that hard to repeat if you … It's usually just wrote on so really not that hard to repeat if you needed too. As long as it has postage date and details. Can't really see how it differs maybe wrong.

the proof of postage certificate will have the address of the recipient and be stamped by the post office with the date of sending, its different from just a reciept of the transaction.

Original Poster

so am i best just to go down the post office with my reciept and should i just refund the money even though i cant make a claim until 15 days?

ants97

the proof of postage certificate will have the address of the recipient … the proof of postage certificate will have the address of the recipient and be stamped by the post office with the date of sending, its different from just a reciept of the transaction.

None of the post offices have done this for me in about a year.

Edit in fact for a couple.

All they have done is written on the receipt. "proof of postage"

Edited by: "Adam2050" 23rd Mar 2011

Adam2050

None of the post offices have done this for me in about a year.

my local is still doing it, got one a fortnight ago. when I asked for it the daft wee woman looked as if I'd just shot her dog. I think they just make it up as they go along.

ants97

my local is still doing it, got one a fortnight ago. when I asked for it … my local is still doing it, got one a fortnight ago. when I asked for it the daft wee woman looked as if I'd just shot her dog. I think they just make it up as they go along.

Going to email the royal mail customer service desk, as this clearly isn't being done correctly across the board and if they are not going to accept these then were all getting screwed (those not getting the stamp). Usual laziness probably stepped in.

Edited by: "Adam2050" 23rd Mar 2011

ours are so stupid she checked my daughters passport form (check and send) and said the pic was no good..so we didnt pay for it..i had it refused cos they said the ink wasnt black omg all the reasons..in the end just sent it in and it passed and was issued!

and i never get anything stamped any more...as i said they have the ability to put the postcode on the receipt using the computer but only one in three does it in my post office.
    Im gonna pull them up next time tho.

nightstud

so am i best just to go down the post office with my reciept and should i … so am i best just to go down the post office with my reciept and should i just refund the money even though i cant make a claim until 15 days?

I wouldnt refund tho til 15days it may still arrive.

in my local if you really want to confuse them pay for next day special delivery via paypal and take it in to them to get sent out. took 2 of them 10 mins of deliberation before they'd give me a receipt with the tracking details.

If you are selling on ebay, always send any goods by recorded or special delivery because it will have to be signed for when it is delivered. After it has been delivered you can go to the track and trace page on the Royal Mail website and then enter the reference number on your receipt. You can then check to see it has been delivered and you can use this to defend an ebay non-receipt of goods dispute if required.

Grill

If you are selling on ebay, always send any goods by recorded or special … If you are selling on ebay, always send any goods by recorded or special delivery because it will have to be signed for when it is delivered. After it has been delivered you can go to the track and trace page on the Royal Mail website and then enter the reference number on your receipt. You can then check to see it has been delivered and you can use this to defend an ebay non-receipt of goods dispute if required.

Have to agree Ebay is a different kettle of fish.

Original Poster

thanks everyone.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Report online material promoting terrorism or extremism812
      2. Help O2 wont repair my sony experia xz11
      3. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846227
      4. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…6561254

See more discussions