Any help please - Amazon UK - Order cancelled....Payment taken still?

Found 31st Oct 2012
So I ordered the XBOX 360 bundle deal that was on HUKD, after placing the order i remembered i received a Amazon Prime trial offer, so i cancelled the order, and received confirmation that its cancelled, i then re-ordered, but only partial of that order was taken because not enough funds were in my bank account due to Amazon taking the funds from the first order?

I rang Amazon, they said nothing to do with them, ring your bank and tell them to stop the authorisation payment going through, i rang them they said the payment has gone through, rang Amazon again they said nope its your bank?

anyone had this happen to them?

19 Comments

Nope, just have to wait bud, funds prob just on hold

Original Poster

ed1980

Nope, just have to wait bud, funds prob just on hold

Thanks for responding, yeah i know, just ergh, really wanted to order today for delivery on Thursday. Just hope the funds go in asap, wondering if anyone has gone through the same and know how long it takes for the money to go back in.
Edited by: "hasj2" 31st Oct 2012

hasj2

Thanks for responding, yeah i know, just ergh, really wanted to order … Thanks for responding, yeah i know, just ergh, really wanted to order today for delivery on Thursday. Just hope the funds go in asap, wondering if anyone has gone through the same and know how long it takes for the money to go back in.

if ordering an xbox has left you with nothing in your bank account, perhaps you shouldn't be wasting money on a games console?
Edited by: "dataload" 31st Oct 2012

dataload

if order an xbox has left you with nothing in your bank account, perhaps … if order an xbox has left you with nothing in your bank account, perhaps you shouldn't be wasting money on a games console?

The OP might be young and have been saving up just for that game .

Unfortunately BACS the system used for most card payments automatically calls for your money upon purchase but doesn't take it straight away, usually 2-5 days to show on your account (some accounts show available balance for this from when you purchase) but it is the same for a refund in that it calls for the retailers money but doesn't deposit in your account for 2-5 days. The actual limit to take payment is upto 60 days but its very rare this happens.

Original Poster

philmitchell

The OP might be young and have been saving up just for that game .

Well i am 22, so not young, but i don't think it matters how much money i have and what i spend it on, was just asking for anyones experience in this situation, thanks Phil.

bigweapon07

Unfortunately BACS the system used for most card payments automatically … Unfortunately BACS the system used for most card payments automatically calls for your money upon purchase but doesn't take it straight away, usually 2-5 days to show on your account (some accounts show available balance for this from when you purchase) but it is the same for a refund in that it calls for the retailers money but doesn't deposit in your account for 2-5 days. The actual limit to take payment is upto 60 days but its very rare this happens.

Okay kool, someone at Amazon said usually 24 hours, but they said it could take longer. thanks Big.

Similar things have happened to me, and i would say it has taken 2-3 days for the money to appear back in my account. Annoying. Hope its quicker for you!
And your money is yours to spend on what you like!

Original Poster

sopheeclare

Similar things have happened to me, and i would say it has taken 2-3 days … Similar things have happened to me, and i would say it has taken 2-3 days for the money to appear back in my account. Annoying. Hope its quicker for you!And your money is yours to spend on what you like!

Thank you, you have given me hope, hope its soon. It's not really about the item, I just want my money back and don't want to go through ringing Amazon and then ringing Natwest and waiting a week or even weeks for my money back.

Once again thank you.

You should have signed up to the amazon Prime trial for free next day delivery and then used the option in "order history" to change the delivery category. No cancelling or re-ordering required.

Usually as said when you order something the money is "ringfenced" meaning your bank has taken it out and put it aside and sent an authorisation code to the company you bought from, they then usually have up to 5 days to use the code and collect the funds, if its not used the funds return to your bank account.

So yes amazon wont have the money as they never collected the payment in the first place, you will just have to wait until it returns to your account im afraid.

Original Poster

Domislice

You should have signed up to the amazon Prime trial for free next day … You should have signed up to the amazon Prime trial for free next day delivery and then used the option in "order history" to change the delivery category. No cancelling or re-ordering required.

Yeah didn't realise i could do that thanks.

littlepinkstarz

Usually as said when you order something the money is "ringfenced" … Usually as said when you order something the money is "ringfenced" meaning your bank has taken it out and put it aside and sent an authorisation code to the company you bought from, they then usually have up to 5 days to use the code and collect the funds, if its not used the funds return to your bank account.So yes amazon wont have the money as they never collected the payment in the first place, you will just have to wait until it returns to your account im afraid.

Yeah first Amazon said 24 hours should be back in your account, then 24-48 hours, then my bank said 2-3 days, now i guess i gotta wait until 5 days have passed. 3 days gone so far and no money returned.

I,m so disgusted as I,m a pensioner and just got my £200 heating allowance paid into my account , the very next day I went to get money out and money was gone taken by amazon prime , I rang them straight away to tell them i need the money back as i now have no money only to find out they took it last year too without my knowledge they said they would refund the money in 7 to 10 days so I have to wait now with no money ... they said they had sent a confirmation email but they had not i never signed up for this as i never have next day delivery on anything so why would I ???? I told them it was nothing but theft but he disagreed he was a abrupt person not from this country , not from America either why are they allowed to get away with this ??

smithydog2A

I,m so disgusted as I,m a pensioner and just got my £200 heating … I,m so disgusted as I,m a pensioner and just got my £200 heating allowance paid into my account , the very next day I went to get money out and money was gone taken by amazon prime , I rang them straight away to tell them i need the money back as i now have no money only to find out they took it last year too without my knowledge they said they would refund the money in 7 to 10 days so I have to wait now with no money ... they said they had sent a confirmation email but they had not i never signed up for this as i never have next day delivery on anything so why would I ???? I told them it was nothing but theft but he disagreed he was a abrupt person not from this country , not from America either why are they allowed to get away with this ??

You let them take £79 for two years running? How have you got no money if you were just paid £200? That doesn't make sense.

It sounds like you got the right result anyway, a refund. They are usually quite good about refunding prime charges, if you have never used it.

I cannot see how anyone would get a charge for Amazon Prime unless they have taken out a free trial and failed the clearly transparent cancellation policy if you do not wish to continue. You can even opt to not continue during your free trial without actually cancelling your free trial....not many trials allow that to be fair, you usually have to mark a reminder on your calendar.

Knows how to create a user account on a shopping forum.
Has payment method registered with Amazon.
Can't work out £200 - £79.
Doesn't check bank statements.

I smell a troll or a pensioner that knows better but is chancing their arm. Did your heating payment come through while you were in Marbella?

You realize this thread is 3 years old?

joshp

You realize this thread is 3 years old?

Yes, didn't have time back then to reply. Tonight seemed like a chance to rectify that missed opportunity.

smithydog2A

I,m so disgusted as I,m a pensioner and just got my £200 heating … I,m so disgusted as I,m a pensioner and just got my £200 heating allowance paid into my account , the very next day I went to get money out and money was gone taken by amazon prime , I rang them straight away to tell them i need the money back as i now have no money only to find out they took it last year too without my knowledge they said they would refund the money in 7 to 10 days so I have to wait now with no money ... they said they had sent a confirmation email but they had not i never signed up for this as i never have next day delivery on anything so why would I ???? I told them it was nothing but theft but he disagreed he was a abrupt person not from this country , not from America either why are they allowed to get away with this ??

I suspect you have ordered, and like most of this country when something goes wrong it's easier to blame someone else, than admit you did something wrong.

Oneday77

Yes, didn't have time back then to reply. Tonight seemed like a chance to … Yes, didn't have time back then to reply. Tonight seemed like a chance to rectify that missed opportunity.

Its not your fault, you didn't start this X)
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions