Any help what this could be? Health related!

24 replies
Found 23rd May 2009
I really need to go to my docs really but i hate going lol

But i keep having these attacks of pain its like around my whole body just under my boobs to my belly botton to round my back just under my shoulder blades.

It is so painful and i end up rolling around the floor in pain screaming that im dying, i try and have a bath and althought it feels slightly better in water its still very painful. The only way i can explain the pain is almost like its extreme pressure like i have a belt on getting tighter. It really does make me panic.

I did go to A and E just before ( they had to give me morphine because of the pain). One doctor did say something about gallstones , but when i went to my doctors a couple of days after he said it wouldnt be due to my age and i wasnt over weight, so it must be indigestion ( i have had 2 children i really dont think it could be that) .

This week i have attacks of the pain , and really want any suggestions as i swear it is worse than child birth as its constant . I am really worried itwill happen again.

Any ideas what it could be? X

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
24 Comments

Not sure with the shoulder blade pain....but what about IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome)?

get second opinon hun,

dont rely on what you been told, your health is way too important,

Original Poster

would IBS not be pain in more my abdomen area not ribcage area? x

Tinkytayls;5299764

would IBS not be pain in more my abdomen area not ribcage area? x

I had pain under my ribs too when I was diagnosed! Exactly how you described, like a tightening belt. I too was confused as I thought it'd be mainly down the bottom but apparently not! The pharmacist also said IBS as I described my symptoms (before doctor diagnosed). Now I can't eat Salmon. I was prescribed Buscopan and Lansoprazole (helps with acid breakdown or something or other).

Have you tried the self help key on the NHS Direct website, or perhaps you could call them and speak to a nurse or go to a walk in centre?

You may not like going to the docs but if you're in this much pain I don't see any option. You can alway phone NHS Direct (08 45 46 47) and from what you're saying they'll get an appointment arranged for you (probably at the local hospital).

Don't forget than pain is a crucial sensory response to tell your brain that something's wrong - DON'T IGNORE IT!

I thought IBS would be about like constipation,and other problems aswell as bloatness,like it comes and goes the symptoms changing with each person.
You need go bk see GP and see where you can be referred to what clinic.

Mum2Connor&Cerys;5299801

I thought IBS would be about like constipation,and other problems aswell … I thought IBS would be about like constipation,and other problems aswell as bloatness,like it comes and goes the symptoms changing with each person.You need go bk see GP and see where you can be referred to what clinic.

I had no constipation or bloatedness at all. But yes it could be different for each person like you say :thumbsup:

Actually now I remember it when I went to a walk in centre they sent me straight to A&E as my temperature was way above normal :thumbsup:

Banned

Possibly a colic type thing caused by food intolerences? Have u tried drinking peppermint cordial made up with hot water while u are like it? To see if it helps to ease it.

I had gallstones and my pain was in my shoulder blades and just below my boobs but it didnt go down lower to my abdomen.

the pain you are describing sounds to me like cholecystitis , starts in abdo area and radiates to back shoulder area any nausea or vomitting , anythin that accelarates the pain or starts it

singer?
are you on any prescribed medication or stared taking anti biotics or so ?
any previous medical history, any change in colour palour sweats tingling in fingers or so

Original Poster

Well i have to take my little boy for his jabs next week so i will ring on monday to see if i can get a appointment . I havent been sick but yes i do have a sickness feeling. I tried strong mints, hot tea , lemonade all the things people have said may help but nothing works. Nothing sets it off, like last night was in bed and it just came on i am hoping it doesnt come on again for a while x When i see a doc i will ask about all the suggestions you have said what it could be then x

really you should be calling in your gp or a locum if they have that there , this is a forum for deals not to deal with helath isssues , advice can be given that can be wrong too, im medical professional and certainly wouldnt diagnose via a deal forum, your health is important to be left to online guesses and people who have had this and that , a doc needs to know you rmedical history before he can evn begin to diagnose and give any prognosis

my advice to you is to attend an A and E dept and to tell them all u experiencing , hopefully they should arrange an ultrasound scan or even a gastroscopy to rule out any ulceration or so

hope u settle and get lil better , if u have no other health problems and not takin any other medication , an anti spasmodic drug like buscopan could maybe be tried or if you have any PPI drugs such as lanzoprazole or losec like such could maybe help if it is only oesophagea reflux or so

singer

singer

gall stones dont sepend on age! ask for a scan to make sure, i was diagnosed as having them at 24

mine first started during late pregnancy,during an attack i used to double up in pain, have palpitations,be sick, tummy ache, sweat, felt like really bad wind tbh, being on all fours helped, but not much would relieve it, and sometime i could feel it for days, once diagnosed (bout 6 weeks after had baby) i was given muscle relaxers to take when it happened but after that i only ever had one attack lol, i think the pregnancy irritated the gall stones or somthing

are you exercising a great deal?

or feeling very stressed?

Original Poster

ClarityofMind;5299978

are you exercising a great deal?or feeling very stressed?

I do exercise trying to get rid of the baby bulge and yes i am always stressed with a 2 month old and year year old. I will have to go to the docs x

Sounds like kidney stones to me.

Go and get a second opinion - my mum had gallstones and she's a size 14 and 49 years old (although was 47 when she had it done ) so I don't believe your gp was correct when he decided it couldn't be that because of your weight !!

I don't know if you've noticed any patterns with when the pain occurs, but my mum used to really suffer after she'd eaten ice cream, she'd be in absolute agony. Although, after a couple of weeks, she'd be nibbling away at ice cream again then rolling around with the pain :roll:

the doctor told me fatty foods can trigger a gall stone attack, which looking back yes it probably was, my first was after a big mac lol, was put off sausages cos of them too

doctor told me the gall bladder is like a purse and if its irritated it contracts, causing the pain, the muscle relaxers obv reverse this

Banned

get yourself back to your gp, cant believe you mucking around when this is your health we are talking about, if the pain is that horrendous that you needed morphine then i cant belive your like "oh i really should go to the docs but"

Sounds like you need a good fart.

sassie;5300101

get yourself back to your gp, cant believe you mucking around when this … get yourself back to your gp, cant believe you mucking around when this is your health we are talking about, if the pain is that horrendous that you needed morphine then i cant belive your like "oh i really should go to the docs but"

+1 even if it is gall stones, get help, the attacks are awful, i used to think i was gonna die, looking back i must of been a right site during an attack :oops:, but they are horrendous

Original Poster

I only gave birth 2 months ago , i just am really cringing at the thought of being poked prodded etc. You are right and i will go i was just wondering if anyone else has ever had the same symptoms. Like i said i did go to A and E and the docs and felt rather stupid when they said oh its prob indigestion. I will make a appoinment on monday.

Tinkytayls;5300142

I only gave birth 2 months ago , i just am really cringing at the thought … I only gave birth 2 months ago , i just am really cringing at the thought of being poked prodded etc. You are right ad i will go i was just wondering if anyone else has ever had the same symptoms. Like i said i did go to a and e and the docs and felt rather stupid when they said oh its prob indigestion.

i just had a scan to confirm gall stones, was at my worst just after childbirth too

This is almost certainly gallstones. I had exactly the same as you. Your doc will send you for a scan to make sure. The operation is very simple and quick. I had keyhole surgery. I am terrified of hospitals and have had a few operations, this is the only one that if i had to have it again, which obviously i wont, then i wouldnt be afraid. Please go to the doc soon as can become serious if left.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. I’m in dire need of a dash cam with remote viewing capability over 4G915
    2. Typical cost of boiler installation11
    3. 2 for 1 code33
    4. Travelling from London Stadium after an event23

See more discussions