Groups

Any here do medical trials in London ?

Hi

Does anyone dome medical trials in London at all ?
    What were your experiences and was it worth your time?
    Any negatives to it you experienced ?

Thanks

18 Comments

Yeah, done one last year...the extra hair on my back can be a bit awkward when swimming though.

Nothing useful to add I'm afraid. :whistling:

Original Poster

lol ... you tried ...anyone

denandyas;7951228

lol ... you tried ...anyone

Sorry no but I seemed to remember a thread on here a couple of years ago. I was trying to find it but failed.
    I did come across this, which you could watch, whilst you wait for more useful replies.

Warning - some strong language and mentions of drugs.
    youtube.com/wat…bFc

Do I remember some people getting very swollen heads & nearly dying during medical trials a few years ago, or am I going dolally?

Question is......is it really worth risking your heath for a couple of quid?

Slevers;7951354

Do I remember some people getting very swollen heads & nearly dying … Do I remember some people getting very swollen heads & nearly dying during medical trials a few years ago, or am I going dolally?

Yes your right - that was absolutely terrifying!!!!!

bossyboots;7951406

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/health-news/special-report-drug-trial-fiasco-470469.html

Thanks bb , thought I may have imagined it!:thumbsup:
    Not worth the risk for me.

dcx_badass;7951511

You really that desperate for money? You could just learn to manage your … You really that desperate for money? You could just learn to manage your money properly.

useless advice and it dosent always come down to learning to manage your money properly! you do not know the op,s situation so why dont you engage the brain before you start typing alot of people come on here for advice and support.

hotukdeals.com/ite…his
    Here's one thread although it's not the one I was thinking of.

If it's an 'ordinary' drug trial there are strict and well established guidelines and few problems but novel drugs e.g. monoclonal antibodies like TGN1412 present more problems and need new protocols. It should be said that in the TGN1412 case, the protocols were not followed. I seem to recall that there should have been instant treatment of any side-effects with steroids and it didn't happen .

Did any one watch the 'spiders on drugs' link^^^ ?

Signing a disclaimer and turning yourself into a human guinea pig is not my idea of a fast £ ......dont do it :thumbsup:

Original Poster

thanks to the people who gave helpfull advise - I was just listening on KISS radio that they offer 6 k for them , so was just wondering what peoples experiences were - Thanks for the usefull support

Have done several (not for years mind) 1st done them before I joined the army and done one I left. It's all safe and controlled, yes I remeber the stories a few years back, but think off all the trials that go on. try covance in Leeds ]testwiththebest.com or what used to be inveresk in Edinburgh

Original Poster

rep given to all helpfull posters

I have not done them but would not rule them out. Medical trials are important for medical science. Drugs have to be tested before being open to the general public. If we didn't have medical trials we would not have many drugs that we currently use day to day.

denandyas;7952837

rep given to all helpfull posters

Guessing mine wasn't helpful! though it is common sense!

richx45;7952927

Guessing mine wasn't helpful! though it is common sense!

me either! was just helping op! :?

Original Poster

reply to wulshaz and rich - I did leave heat 4 u both - ??? thanks anyways for your help
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Need help with home Internet dropping out please45
      2. Sky Box Sets Help11
      3. What will £250 get me second hand mobile11
      4. Iphone 7 - What Case?612

See more discussions