Expired

Any Honda Civic mk 8 drivers?

Found 3rd Nov 2014
Am looking at maybe getting a mk8, 1.8 petrol.

Would you recommend/not recommend? Would be great to hear what people think its like to drive, good points, bad points etc etc.
Community Updates
AskMario Kart
19 Comments
mk9 supposed to have much better handling.
ewwaxo

mk9 supposed to have much better handling.

Thanks but I can't afford one of them!
Dantooine

Thanks but I can't afford one of them!

how about a type r ?

ewwaxo

how about a type r ?

Need 5 doors, and something cheaper to run. Looking at 1.8 EX
Dantooine

Need 5 doors, and something cheaper to run. Looking at 1.8 EX

i test drive an ictdi couple weeks back. was quite punchey. i've read the 1.4 vtec is pretty decent if you're looking for something cheaper to run
Which is Mk8? Is that the current model? I had on '07 Type R. Small, cramped and uncomfortable. Even with 5 doors there's barely room for kids in the back. If you're not going to go for a Type R there are far better family cars. The Focus for starters.
Had mine for a year now (2007 EX 2.2cdti) and love it. Lots of toys with the EX trim and it's comfortable with loads of luggage space (magic seats are great). Potential issues can be the roof can get rust at the front, but it should be addressed by Honda. I got the panoramic roof which avoids the issue. Other known downsides are the 2.2 clutch being weak (doesn't apply to the 1.8 though) and the suspension can be a bit harsh.

Have a look on civinfo.com for much more info
deeky

Which is Mk8? Is that the current model? I had on '07 Type R. Small, … Which is Mk8? Is that the current model? I had on '07 Type R. Small, cramped and uncomfortable. Even with 5 doors there's barely room for kids in the back. If you're not going to go for a Type R there are far better family cars. The Focus for starters.

mK 9 is current so mk8 is probably what you had. 5 door seemed quite spacious to me.
Not too keen on the focus really
m@rtin

Had mine for a year now (2007 EX 2.2cdti) and love it. Lots of toys with … Had mine for a year now (2007 EX 2.2cdti) and love it. Lots of toys with the EX trim and it's comfortable with loads of luggage space (magic seats are great). Potential issues can be the roof can get rust at the front, but it should be addressed by Honda. I got the panoramic roof which avoids the issue. Other known downsides are the 2.2 clutch being weak (doesn't apply to the 1.8 though) and the suspension can be a bit harsh.Have a look on http://www.civinfo.com for much more info

Thanks, yes the one im interested in has the glass roof. Have been on that site briefly but will have another look, cheers
One thing I would recommend - rear visibility isn't great so parking sensors or reversing camera are very useful.
Get a proper car, Like a Volkswagen or BMW
ewwaxo

how about a type r ?

Type Rs mad on fuel. I got rid of mine in July for a 1.8 type S.

Fuel economy slightly better. Looking at circa 400 miles to a tank which is roughly £60.00 to fill.
m@rtin

One thing I would recommend - rear visibility isn't great so parking … One thing I would recommend - rear visibility isn't great so parking sensors or reversing camera are very useful.

I would be inclined to agree with this.
seanbwfc

Get a proper car, Like a Volkswagen or BMW

lol Japanese cars are way more reliable. Have been for a very long time - and will continue to do so
Sebas111

Type Rs mad on fuel. I got rid of mine in July for a 1.8 type S. Fuel … Type Rs mad on fuel. I got rid of mine in July for a 1.8 type S. Fuel economy slightly better. Looking at circa 400 miles to a tank which is roughly £60.00 to fill. I would be inclined to agree with this.

it was an EP3 you had yeah?
ewwaxo

it was an EP3 you had yeah?

It was yeah, gutted to let her go but couldn't justify the fuel costs and tax etc. Also needed a 5 seater which the ep3 isn't.
ewwaxo

lol Japanese cars are way more reliable. Have been for a very long time - … lol Japanese cars are way more reliable. Have been for a very long time - and will continue to do so

Oh really....
ewwaxo

lol Japanese cars are way more reliable. Have been for a very long time - … lol Japanese cars are way more reliable. Have been for a very long time - and will continue to do so

Yes the vtec engine is supposed to be extremely good and reliable
Dantooine

Yes the vtec engine is supposed to be extremely good and reliable

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g19/l33171/more/TopGearVTEC.gif
Edited by: "ewwaxo" 3rd Nov 2014
seanbwfc

Oh really....

http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120509180219/glee/images/5/54/Ryan_higa_gif_hell_yeah_by_redwolfmoon666-d45tz1e.gif
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants