Groups

any hunters here?

so am thinking of an air rifle to shoot pigeons and rabbits and a few squirrels
    any advise on what gun would be best for the job?
    was only planning to spend about 150£ max
    pls dont turn this into a trolling post again

16 Comments

Original Poster

massmail666;7425488

join a club and get a real one!

yeer but the idea was just to get cheap meat:whistling:
    not that intrested in catching them:thumbsup:
    repped

squirrels-illegal to shoot em

Original Poster

barky;7425516

squirrels-illegal to shoot em

really?
    isnt that only the red ones:?

Can buy a gun and shoot people? Just for fun lol

Save the pigeons

http://images.askmen.com/galleries/model/rachel-hunter/pictures/rachel-hunter-picture-1.jpg

Rachel hunter? will she do?

Original Poster

shauneco;7425562

Can buy a gun and shoot people? Just for fun lolSave the pigeons

pigeons are a waste of time,like rats spread dieases etc

JACKIT99;7425548

really?isnt that only the red ones:?

nope-cant shoot any squirrel m8-they got in my brothers loft and destroyed the beams-he wanted to shoot them but had to pay a fortune to get experts to catch them after discovering it wasnt allowed.

Original Poster

barky;7425669

nope-cant shoot any squirrel m8-they got in my brothers loft and … nope-cant shoot any squirrel m8-they got in my brothers loft and destroyed the beams-he wanted to shoot them but had to pay a fortune to get experts to catch them after discovering it wasnt allowed.

says here at the bottom somewhere its ok:thumbsup:
    martleyelectronics.co.uk/squ…htm

Go for wood pigeon they are very tasty.

DKLS;7426292

Go for wood pigeon they are very tasty.

I was just about to post about wood pigeon, there are some vids on youtube on how to identify/dispatch & prepare for eating.

hugh fearnley whittingstall is the man, that is my ideal life ! I used watch Jack Hargreaves as a nipper.

Original Poster

richp;7426459

I was just about to post about wood pigeon, there are some vids on … I was just about to post about wood pigeon, there are some vids on youtube on how to identify/dispatch & prepare for eating.hugh fearnley whittingstall is the man, that is my ideal life ! I used watch Jack Hargreaves as a nipper.

cheers,anyone know how to kill pigeons as there necks not that bad and squishing them would ruin the meat:thumbsup:

barky;7425669

nope-cant shoot any squirrel m8-they got in my brothers loft and … nope-cant shoot any squirrel m8-they got in my brothers loft and destroyed the beams-he wanted to shoot them but had to pay a fortune to get experts to catch them after discovering it wasnt allowed.

Same happened in my house :x when they came back to remove the traps there was 5 of them.

(Hi Jack, happy belated new year to you :-D)
    (Hi Barky happy belated new year to you too :-D)

First answer these questions:
    Where are you, England, N.I, wales, etc?
    Have you read the gun laws yet, regarding ownership rules and/or use rules?
    What kind of weapon are you looking for?

JACKIT99;7426529

cheers,anyone know how to kill pigeons as there necks not that bad and … cheers,anyone know how to kill pigeons as there necks not that bad and squishing them would ruin the meat:thumbsup:

Clean shot with a modern rifle should do the job or its easy enough to snap their neck a goose is a different matter my grandad broke his leg in the process of dispatching a large goose.

Original Poster

DKLS;7426730

Clean shot with a modern rifle should do the job or its easy enough to … Clean shot with a modern rifle should do the job or its easy enough to snap their neck a goose is a different matter my grandad broke his leg in the process of dispatching a large goose.

that reminds me when my brother was trying to do an angry chicken ,cut the head off in the end and found it in a road with no head ,ruined:thumbsup:
    cheers ,shall have to get myself an airrifle now:thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. So, whose already pre-ordered a Scorpio and where from?13
      2. Report online material promoting terrorism or extremism1523
      3. USS Indianapolis wreckage to be considered as a war memorial1116
      4. The State on Ch422

See more discussions