Any idea what insurance companies give no claims bonuses to named drivers as well as the main?

Found 3rd Dec 2011
I share my car with my partner and am just about to renew and was wondering where I could get insureance where we both get no claims bonuses?

Cheers

8 Comments

I though direct line or admiral did this

I think that Direct Line and Co-op do. I've no doubt there are a few others.

Banned

Oooooh YES

That should read 'thought'

I just had this issue. It seems insurers will only give you a named driver discount if you're already insured with them but renewing. I went with Swift Cover, they quoted £400+ less than anyone else

The named driver no claims bonus is only usually valid with the current insurance company.

Direct lines policy
The no claims discount earned by named drivers can be used against a Direct Line policy of their own in the future. However, it may not be recognised by other insurers

Just to rub it in as well even if you had 4 years named driver NCD and had a policy for 1 year you would probably still only get 1 year NCD with another company

Admirals
Named drivers earn an Admiral No Claims Discount
Any named driver, not just the main driver, earns a No Claims Discount with Admiral. Named driver No Claims Discount can only be used with Admiral policies

Edited by: "newbie1001" 3rd Dec 2011

newbie1001

The named driver no claims bonus is only usually valid with the current … The named driver no claims bonus is only usually valid with the current insurance company. Direct lines policyThe no claims discount earned by named drivers can be used against a Direct Line policy of their own in the future. However, it may not be recognised by other insurersJust to rub it in as well even if you had 4 years named driver NCD and had a policy for 1 year you would probably still only get 1 year NCD with another companyAdmiralsNamed drivers earn an Admiral No Claims Discount Any named driver, not just the main driver, earns a No Claims Discount with Admiral. Named driver No Claims Discount can only be used with Admiral policies

Thx for the info, I didn't know that

Banned

Direct Line definitely do. Being on the missus cars insurance, has earnt me the extra full NCB so I can get it on both my cars.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions