Groups

Any idea when the Argos vocuhers will be back?

I have never really paid attention to the Argos £5 when you spend £50/£10 when you spend £100 vouchers before but they seem to pop up quite often - does anyone know when they are likely to be back or about how often they crop up?

We have a new house to kit out from nothing so will probably be spending a lot there within the next month or so and they have a lot of stuff that looks good in the end of catalogue sale atm.

Also does any one have any suggestions of other places to get cheap 'homewares'. Supermarkets? Wilkinsons? Should Poundland stuff be avoided like the plague?

Thanks

3 Comments

August/September I reckon.

What kind of stuff are you after?

I recently used a £10 voucher (end of June expiry) which I got on the last day of the offer in early June
    argos.co.uk/sta…htm
    Bulky bloody thing but worth the effort of fixing to wall (drilling required), reflects patio/garden light very nicely and makes room look bigger and for £20 ultimately for me very nice value.

Original Poster

Ahh no point waiting then - need to be buying stuff over the next few months. Moving out at the end of July/start of August.

As for what we need - pretty much everything. Moving in with my boyfriend and both of us are moving out from home, so we have bedroom stuff covered - but need everything else - kitchen, living room, bathroom, iron, Vacc etc etc

We don't have a place yet so can't be buying big furniture items, but all the little stuff we will definitely need is needed.

Starlet;8867676

Ahh no point waiting then - need to be buying stuff over the next few … Ahh no point waiting then - need to be buying stuff over the next few months. Moving out at the end of July/start of August.As for what we need - pretty much everything. Moving in with my boyfriend and both of us are moving out from home, so we have bedroom stuff covered - but need everything else - kitchen, living room, bathroom, iron, Vacc etc etcWe don't have a place yet so can't be buying big furniture items, but all the little stuff we will definitely need is needed.

Having known several couples that have what you just described it tends to vary.
    The more sensible go for 2nd hand in rooms they don't use often and get decent finance where they do want/need new items.

The starter packs in ikea for kitchen stuff are good value imo.

I expect kitchen, living room, main master bedroom, are the main priorities I expect? spare bedrooms stuff can go second hand gumtree etc, ask friends and and family and then there is freecycle.

There are charities etc that might be able to help, I recently gave away an old cupboard to mencap, who i think sell the furniture on to people like yourselfs to raise money.

Make a list for every room and area of the house then mark what you want new/2nd hand and what you will need as soon as you move in ie urgent stuff.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Biscuit addiction1540
      2. Customer Service from Giffgaff worth £60???44
      3. Nightmare with BT over Broadband910
      4. USB Portable CD Drive advice11

See more discussions