any ideas?

hi my curser keeps flickering and vanishing any ideas as to why this is happening?

11 Comments

Banned

you might get more help with a better title lol

more info needed. flickering in windows, linux, on the internet, in word. Where?

I suspect one's eyesight is going. Do you agree Dr.?

Does this continue after a re boot

Original Poster

just on the internet

Check your mouse usb is plugged in all the way.

Banned

what browser? when did it start? all webpages?

Banned

usb mouse? wireless mouse?

If you look around away from the computer does everything else also flicker? If so, you're blinking. When everything disappears, you've closed your eyes :-D

If you're not blinking and haven't closed your eyes then this link may help:

answers.yahoo.com/que…XAH

Original Poster

hilarious fireball but sorted now cheers just finished my poker game so restarted my computer and now its fine cheers anyways

Too late to be of any use now, but for future reference, this usually happens when there is something going on in the background on your PC.

When your PC doesn't want you to do anything (because it's busy) it 'hides' the cursor. However, with the speed at which PCs work & with the ability of CPUs to multitask these busy periods are very short, hence the flickering.

You can always check in Task manager to see what's happening.

Original Poster

cis_groupie;3183168

Too late to be of any use now, but for future reference, this usually … Too late to be of any use now, but for future reference, this usually happens when there is something going on in the background on your PC.When your PC doesn't want you to do anything (because it's busy) it 'hides' the cursor. However, with the speed at which PCs work & with the ability of CPUs to multitask these busy periods are very short, hence the flickering.You can always check in Task manager to see what's happening.

cheers for info rep added
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. so sick of this summer weather enough .......1928
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7763847
    3. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!523413
    4. Walnut snip: Nestlé cuts nut out of chocolate after prices surge - The Guar…1112

See more discussions