Groups

any ideas for parents Ruby wedding anniversary?

ideas anyone?
    don't really want to spend over £100, but need something within a week.

they def don't want a party!!!!
    They are both in their 60s

Help!!!!

24 Comments

Banned

go to h. sameuls got some great jan deals there

How about a nice Canvas Print of there favorite picture of them together
    ]http//ww…e8-

Banned

sex toys?

well you could get them a

mr and mrs carriage clock with swarovski crystals if you really want to get them something nice there is someone on the net who sells them i think its divine something.com they sell embroidery on there to i think

or you get it from them from flea bay

i have purchased one from them before for my wife

she loved it so much

it about 270 for a full encrusted one

or a partial for about 260 without back panel done

they'll love it

it might be there ruby wedding but something crystallised like a clock like on the tv programme all star mr and mrs is a fantastic gift i think

vibeone;7422186

sex toys?

there 60 thats so nasty to say such a thing

dont you think

Original Poster

mrmillions21;7422232

there 60 thats so nasty to say such a thing dont you think

As i'm adopted i can assure myself that my parents have never done such a thing, and would never have use for such items!!! :oops:

mrmillions21;7422202

well you could get them amr and mrs carriage clock with swarovski … well you could get them amr and mrs carriage clock with swarovski crystals if you really want to get them something nice there is someone on the net who sells them i think its divine something or you get it from flea bay i have purchased one from them before for my wife she loved it so muchit about 270 for a full encrusted one or a partial for about 260 without back panel donethey'll love it

OK ignoring the fact you seem to have missed the OP's budget completely....I cant believe a clock with some crystals in it cost that much!!!!!! :w00t:

allycat38;7422172

How about a nice Canvas Print of there favorite picture of them together … How about a nice Canvas Print of there favorite picture of them together ]http://www.asda-photo.co.uk/album/gifts_selection.aspx?q=1vIxEppP0L2KUOjbn2Ysbp_4hNYfTK7xuyjK%2cOrmSLe8-#pid=323

I would have thought something like this, would be nice and personal failing that, what about a photoshoot? I understand some people are sceptical about them but I had one with my close family and loved it....we did spend a few hundred but got more than 10 photos and had the experience of the day Would have some really good pics at the end of it Could buy them the experience, usually about £20-25 then buy one pic for them (usually about £75 if you use local photographers, £110+ for venture etc)....if any of the other family want pics then its a chance for them to buy their own

Hotel room for a short break.

Concert / show tickets.

Banned

mrmillions21;7422232

there 60 thats so nasty to say such a thing dont you think

Not really no?

Minky5000;7422253

As i'm adopted i can assure myself that my parents have never done such a … As i'm adopted i can assure myself that my parents have never done such a thing, and would never have use for such items!!! :oops:

^ Thats the response I was looking for!

Minky5000;7422253

As i'm adopted i can assure myself that my parents have never done such a … As i'm adopted i can assure myself that my parents have never done such a thing, and would never have use for such items!!! :oops:

hi minky it was not actually me who post that comment about the toys

i was telling the person off who did say it

lil_tiger;7422264

OK ignoring the fact you seem to have missed the OP's budget … OK ignoring the fact you seem to have missed the OP's budget completely....I cant believe a clock with some crystals in it cost that much!!!!!! :w00t: I would have thought something like this, would be nice and personal failing that, what about a photoshoot? I understand some people are sceptical about them but I had one with my close family and loved it....we did spend a few hundred but got more than 10 photos and had the experience of the day Would have some really good pics at the end of it Could buy them the experience, usually about £20-25 then buy one pic for them (usually about £75 if you use local photographers, £110+ for venture etc)....if any of the other family want pics then its a chance for them to buy their own

lil tiger i forgot about the budget and i was only suggesting a gift

OK TIGER

so need to get into a cat fight

i was only suggesting a nice gift for them to appreciate on there mantel piece

Original Poster

mrmillions21;7422325

hi minky it was not actually me who post that comment about the toysi was … hi minky it was not actually me who post that comment about the toysi was telling the person off who did say it

I know quote went to bit wrong apologies!!

Minky5000;7422349

I know quote went to bit wrong apologies!!

no probs minky

mrmillions21;7422337

lil tiger i never saw a budget and i was only suggesting a gift OK … lil tiger i never saw a budget and i was only suggesting a gift OK TIGERso need to get into a cat fight i was only suggesting a nice gift for them to appreciate on there mantel piece

lol no cat fight so put your claws away....I was just pointing out that your idea was crap and irrelevent to the OP's needs thats all

Banned

mrmillions21;7422325

hi minky it was not actually me who post that comment about the toysi was … hi minky it was not actually me who post that comment about the toysi was telling the person off who did say it

consider me 'told off' bwahahahaha.... or not. Your reply was pathetic. Please do try and grow up at some point, and learn not to take offence at everything. Learn from the OP's reply.

lil_tiger;7422370

lol no cat fight so put your claws away....I was just pointing out that … lol no cat fight so put your claws away....I was just pointing out that your idea was crap and irrelevent to the OP's needs thats all

well it was not crap it was a suggestion

ok

hows about u keep ur claws away dear as i was meerly suggesting something regardelss to weather u thought it was crap is irrelevant as the op is the one who should decide ok

No party but how about a family dinner either at home or in a restaurant with just immediate family members + if they have a garden a rose called Ruby Wedding, you should be able to get this at a good garden centre or google it to have it delivered.

Oh it's recently been my granparents golden anniversary.
    I did them a lovely cross stitch, took months but they love it!
    Maybe make them something? We also got them a digital camera, although my grandad doesn't quite get it yet. Thinks that taking 20 photo's was like going mad, but i suppose that's almost a whole conventional film.

Old People!!

vibeone;7422396

consider me told off.... or not. Your reply was pathetic. Please do try … consider me told off.... or not. Your reply was pathetic. Please do try and grow up at some point, and learn not to take offence at everything. Learn from the OP's reply.

i was not taking offence i just thought it was an inappropriate comment thats all

What do they actually like?
    Gardening? There's lots of red flowering plants inc Rose - Ruby Wedding.
    RHS subscription?
    NT subscription?
    Family meal out?
    Some ruby glassware?
    Coach trip to somewhere they like?
    Hot air balloon flight locally?
    New camera lens?
    Annual pass to local attraction?
    Loads of cocoa shell mulch - that would be my choice!!

Original Poster

Thanks for your help guys gave me some good ideas.

Think a ruby wedding rose is a great idea and have found one, just have to find something to add to it, will take some time to go through your replies properly in a bit!! thanks so much

buy them a ruby, when your 60, you dont want **** cluttering up the house, a ruby is nice and small.

plus when they both kick the bucket you can get it back :w00t:

F. Boyle Jnr

AhhACake!;7422425

Oh it's recently been my granparents golden anniversary. I did them a … Oh it's recently been my granparents golden anniversary. I did them a lovely cross stitch, took months but they love it! Maybe make them something? We also got them a digital camera, although my grandad doesn't quite get it yet. Thinks that taking 20 photo's was like going mad, but i suppose that's almost a whole conventional film.Old People!!

lol I bought my grandparents a digi cam for xmas....made me laugh soooo much! My gran keeps trying to look through it (its ONLY a led screen one, not with the view finder thing too) and she cant understand the memory card.....I told her she can take 1500+pics....she thinks she can only ever take that many photos, then she has to throw the phone away....she thinks she has to develop ALL of the pics she takes....she thinks if you delete one in the middle, then take another it will all go in the wrong order (eg 1, 2, 3....delete pic 2 and take pic 4 would make 1, 4, 3)

:giggle: what would we do without them

For my parents Ruby Wedding we bought a few 'ruby' related gifts we thought they would enjoy, including some ruby wedding plants for the garden .

A few ideas here :

crocus.co.uk/sea…by/
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Working conditions, workers rights. Standing at work causing pain. Is this …1328
      2. How to cancel Sky subscription22
      3. How to unblock a vacuum hose which is completely jammed with dust and fluff…33
      4. USB Portable CD Drive advice22

See more discussions