Groups

Any Ideas how much I would get for may Sky+ Box and Controller?

Really thinking about selling my Sky+ box and getting HD.

Was wanting you're expertease and knowledge for the pricing of a used Sky+ box, not sure of the in's and out's such as the make etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!:thumbsup:

Edit: The title should say My and not May.

12 Comments

have a look on ebay to get a rough estimate of how much people are willing to pay.

Original Poster

MinstrelMan

have a look on ebay to get a rough estimate of how much people are … have a look on ebay to get a rough estimate of how much people are willing to pay.

Had a look, but not looking to flog it on Ebay and I know peoples perception of prices on here are different to Ebay.

Prices are around and above £50 plus around £10 - £15 on top for postage.

Thanks for the info though.

A lot depends on the make of your sky+ and how old it is. There are some receivers that have had problems so people are wary. From memory Pace and Thompson are the ones they give to people and different models of each one have had their own problems. The size of the hard drive could also be an issue.

As someone has already said, ebay is the best guide but make sure you compare the same make and model.

Agreed, the make/model and condition are the key factors, it will be either a Pace, a Thomson or the dreaded Amstrad.

Original Poster

Thanks guys, Rep left!

Wonder if there would be any interest for one on here.

I have a thompson, I took the drive out and threw it in a NAS drive, the sky+ itself is in the loft. They are offering them *free (refurb) now with no sky+ subs each month.

*I was offered another FREE Sky+ box (refurb) if I returned to Sky and took out multiroom with half price package for 3 months.

LFC Muppet

Thanks guys, Rep left!Wonder if there would be any interest for one on … Thanks guys, Rep left!Wonder if there would be any interest for one on here.

It costs nothing to find out, give it a go.

Just remember to give a full description of your Sky+ Receiver along with postal costs etc.

Good luck.

davelfc

I have a thompson, I took the drive out and threw it in a NAS drive, the … I have a thompson, I took the drive out and threw it in a NAS drive, the sky+ itself is in the loft. They are offering them *free (refurb) now with no sky+ subs each month.

Not strictly correct, to get the full use from a Sky+ Receiver, you still need to subscribe to Sky on their £10 a month package.

Sky don't give anything away.. ;-)

Inactive

Not strictly correct, to get the full use from a Sky+ Receiver, you still … Not strictly correct, to get the full use from a Sky+ Receiver, you still need to subscribe to Sky on their £10 a month package.Sky don't give anything away.. ;-)

Fair enough but there isn't the extra £10 a month sub to pay anymore.

Original Poster

Wife has just phoned and said its a Amstrad DRX 280.

LFC Muppet

Wife has just phoned and said its a Amstrad DRX 280.

Bad news i'm afraid, the Amstrad is the least desirable Sky+ Receiver ever made, sorry to tell you that, but it is true.

You may still be able to sell it however, someone may want it.

davelfc

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=35That forum will … http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=35That forum will help, from my experience it's pot luck on what receiver you get as it really depends what the installer has in his van. You can ask nicely for a make and model though when he arrives.

The OP is trying to sell his Amstrad, not get one.;-)
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. How dangerous is Donald trump?31154
      2. Weekly game codes giveaway 182722
      3. Find out how good your GP surgery is1010
      4. Did you know?2951

See more discussions