Any ideas of a nice weekend away?

Found 14th Apr 2010
Anywhere in the UK, I am looking for somewhere similar to where Gail Tillesly and Joe went (a cottage by a lake), although I dont want to end up swimming with the fishes.....any ideas?

18 Comments

Banned

lake district

North Wales

Bradford.

-- im off to Northumberland this weekend for 3 nights...

I also looked at going to the south west coast of Wales, and across to Norfolk..

Or.. look at around Edinburgh..

Rick

Original Poster

RickT;8367486

Bradford.

Sounds gorgeous, will give it a whirl:whistling:

Original Poster

casparwhite;8367467

lake district

rockyfella;8367479

North Wales

RickT;8367486

Bradford.-- im off to Northumberland this weekend for 3 nights... I also … Bradford.-- im off to Northumberland this weekend for 3 nights... I also looked at going to the south west coast of Wales, and across to Norfolk..Or.. look at around Edinburgh..Rick

thanks peeps:)

skusey;8367500

Sounds gorgeous, will give it a whirl:whistling:

What county do you live in ??

I spent HOURS and HOURS looking for places to go... and saw some nice places..

You wanting, Lodges, Cottages, B&B's?

Original Poster

snowflake;8367509

Where are you and how far do you want to travel?

Gloucestershire, just looking forward to a nice weekend away, by a lake(anywhere in the UK)

Original Poster

RickT;8367536

What county do you live in ??I spent HOURS and HOURS looking for places … What county do you live in ??I spent HOURS and HOURS looking for places to go... and saw some nice places..You wanting, Lodges, Cottages, B&B's?

a lodge would be perfect, I live in Gloucestershire

Yeah come up to Edinburgh - though it's not peaceful like Gail and Joe had - bit more lively up here! What kind of break do you want - lazy chill out time or things to do and see? Can do a bit of both I would imagine up here.

Edit - answered above - so no point LOL!

South Cerney.

Original Poster

snowflake;8367551

second part of question?? :whistling:

sorry, anywhere in the UK:oops:

Original Poster

angelfairee;8367555

South Cerney.

too far:whistling:

This was one of many i was looking at which stood out from the crowd.... Just full this weekend :x

kellingheath.co.uk/hol…tml

kellingheath.co.uk/pdf…pdf
or
lakeslodge.co.uk/
or
bll.ac/acc…htm
or
lakelodge.co.uk/Pho…tml
or
limefitt.com/ren…htm
or
premiercottages.co.uk/

or EVEN.... Hoseasons..... Take a look at the lodges or cottages on their site.. hoseasons.co.uk/lod…es/ Make sure you "trip advisor" the holiday park first though... - some of the cottages look ok... some look "used"

Rick

Banned

a tent on the river severn

Portmeirion is amazing:
http://www.portmeirion-village.com/uploads/ImageRoot/images/B0sl445y.jpg
It is in North Wales, has a hotel and self catering cottages, and if you are a fan of The Prisoner even better!
The food in the hotel is lovely, beds really comfy, and I would certainly go back there.

Details here: ]http//ww…D=1

(It's not a lake, but it is water...)

What about Forest Holiday cabins?

forestholidays.co.uk/cab…spx

We usually go to the Stathyre site in Scotland which is right next to Loch Lubnaig and has Ben Ledi behind it, beautiful but a bit of a cabby from where you are. They have a site in cornwall, not by a lake but an old mill pond!

Original Poster

They all look lovely, many thanks peeps.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Gala Bingo/Games. Deposit £5 get £40 cashback. Quidco - new Gala members12
    2. Why can't I connect my nectar to eBay?58
    3. NEWBIE Help with a new laptop or PC please?!34
    4. Spotify family22

See more discussions