Expired

Any ideas what I can cook my boyfriend and I for dinner tonight???

Found 6th Aug 2009
I'm no cook, unless it's a micro meal!! The only meals I can cook from scratch (well) are:

Spag Bol
Lasagna
Stir Fry

He's fed up of these...So any ideas...something not too difficult!!

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
37 Comments

Banned

beans on toast

cheese on toast

spaghetti on toast

or just toast

didnt we have this thread a couple of days ago?

Get him to cook something?

go and buy a jar of pasta bake and make that, hide the jar and he will think youve done really well.

push the boat out; you can buy chicken already seasoned and just stick it in the oven and served with a salad and french stick... wash down with a medium sweet with wine.

enjoy ;-)

steak with homemade wedges?

Banned

Nemz;5948545

push the boat out; you can buy chicken already seasoned and just stick it … push the boat out; you can buy chicken already seasoned and just stick it in the oven and served with a salad and french stick... wash down with a medium sweet with wine. enjoy ;-)

i felt your passion for food just through that ^^^

Original Poster

DangerGod;5948481

beans on toastcheese on toastspaghetti on toastor just toast

He had that last night! (beans on toast!)

Original Poster

edjaned;5948492

didnt we have this thread a couple of days ago?

Not from me...I've been in New Zealand for the past month, hence the reason I'm making an effort!

Chop off his sausage and cook that.

Sposed to be a delicacy in some places.

Original Poster

Jonsend;5948510

Get him to cook something?

Not an option...I value my life and cannot afford time off work with food poisoning!!

Banned

chunky;5948570

He had that last night! (beans on toast!)

:|:lol:

Banned

chunky;5948593

Not an option...I value my life and cannot afford time off work with food … Not an option...I value my life and cannot afford time off work with food poisoning!!

Them new birds eye fish things look good on the Tv... you know where you see them cooking in the bags... why not just buy summin like that

Original Poster

deborahdargie06;5948513

go and buy a jar of pasta bake and make that, hide the jar and he will … go and buy a jar of pasta bake and make that, hide the jar and he will think youve done really well.

Nemz;5948545

push the boat out; you can buy chicken already seasoned and just stick it … push the boat out; you can buy chicken already seasoned and just stick it in the oven and served with a salad and french stick... wash down with a medium sweet with wine. enjoy ;-)

Mmm making me hungry...rep for that!!

apparently the 4p curry sauce that all the big super markets are selling is good, make him a curry ;-) lol

Get a fajitas pack from the supermarket.

or have a look through here
studentrecipes.com/

Original Poster

ilovepink;5948548

steak with homemade wedges?

OK this is my fav so far!!
But I have NO idea how to cook steak!! Fry? Grill? What to season with? How long for?!! Help!!
Oh and wedges, in the over...chopped and sprinkled with olive oil? How can I make REALLY good wedges!!

DangerGod;5948568

i felt your passion for food just through that ^^^

Yes, I do love cooking .... :-D

chunky;5948646

OK this is my fav so far!! But I have NO idea how to cook steak!! Fry? … OK this is my fav so far!! But I have NO idea how to cook steak!! Fry? Grill? What to season with? How long for?!! Help!!Oh and wedges, in the over...chopped and sprinkled with olive oil? How can I make REALLY good wedges!!:)

to make big fat wedges

cut in half lengthwise, then lengthwise again
boil them first a little as they will big thick for about 5 mins
place them on a oven tray, drizzled with oil (any oil will do)
when they are nearly done dust with cajun spice

or chuck them all in a mixing bowl add oil and cajun spice and mix up with your hands then place on oven tray and cook that way

gas mark 6, 20-25 mins

Steak

Fry the steak in a non stick griddle pan/frying pan
you can cook this after you have dusted the wedges as steak cooks quickly
lightly dust with cajun spice/thow in some diced onion/peppers

job done :thumbsup:

serve with peppercorn sauce on the side with a side salad:thumbsup:

just use packet peppercorn sauce very easy then x

salad on toast

Got go with Steak. Easiest thing to cook.

I would grill it slowly. Just ask him how he likes it. You can't undercook it thats for sure.

If the missus ever learned how to cook and cooked me that I would be very pleased.

Some thick cut Chips and some onion rings, maybe some peas and some chunky bread.

raptorcigs;5948709

salad on toast

Good man!!:-D

Banned

ilovepink;5948706

to make big fat wedges cut in half lengthwise, then lengthwise againboil … to make big fat wedges cut in half lengthwise, then lengthwise againboil them first a little as they will big thickplace them on a oven tray, drizzled with oil ([COLOR="Red"]any oil will do[/COLOR])when they are nearly done dust with cajun spice SteakFry the steak in a non stick griddle pan/frying panyou can cook this after you have dusted the wedges as steak cooks quicklylightly dust with cajun spice/thow in some diced onion/peppersjob done :thumbsup:serve with peppercorn sauce on the side with a side salad:thumbsup:

dont tell her that, she will probs end up poring engine oil on them

ilovepink;5948706

to make big fat wedges cut in half lengthwise, then lengthwise againboil … to make big fat wedges cut in half lengthwise, then lengthwise againboil them first a little as they will big thickplace them on a oven tray, drizzled with oil (any oil will do)when they are nearly done dust with cajun spice SteakFry the steak in a non stick griddle pan/frying panyou can cook this after you have dusted the wedges as steak cooks quicklylightly dust with cajun spice/thow in some diced onion/peppersjob done :thumbsup:serve with peppercorn sauce on the side with a side salad:thumbsup:

This does sounds good, but but require time attention to detail.

Original Poster

ilovepink;5948706

to make big fat wedges cut in half lengthwise, then lengthwise againboil … to make big fat wedges cut in half lengthwise, then lengthwise againboil them first a little as they will big thickplace them on a oven tray, drizzled with oil (any oil will do)when they are nearly done dust with cajun spice gas mark 6, 20-25 minsSteakFry the steak in a non stick griddle pan/frying panyou can cook this after you have dusted the wedges as steak cooks quicklylightly dust with cajun spice/thow in some diced onion/peppersjob done :thumbsup:serve with peppercorn sauce on the side with a side salad:thumbsup:

PERFECT!!! Looks like we're having steak (doesn't sound too difficult!)..thank you v v much x

Original Poster

DangerGod;5948731

dont tell her that, she will probs end up poring engine oil on them

LOL I was actually thinking if the spray oil in a can I have will do haha!

A nice fur burger is always welcome ;-)

chunky;5948760

PERFECT!!! Looks like we're having steak (doesn't sound too … PERFECT!!! Looks like we're having steak (doesn't sound too difficult!)..thank you v v much x

No worries i love to cook!

your welcome

chunky;5948766

LOL I was actually thinking if the spray oil in a can I have will do haha!

fry light?

thats fine:thumbsup:

dont overdo it thou just enough so that the cajun sticks to the wedges

big-boy;5948767

A nice fur burger is always welcome ;-)

always one to lower the tone yuk lol

Can't beat a nice spag bog made with sacla red pesto, and red wine!
Bang in some onions and muchrooms for good measure an all!

Sweet!

Brown off mince and onions, bash in red pesto, cook for a minute or so then add red wine and cook for a further minute or so then mushrooms and simmer for 20 mins!

Bit of ciabatta bread covered in melted butter and garlic in the grill to go with it!

I'm bleeding starving now!

Chicken wrapped in bacon served with chips or mash or whatever covered in peppercorn sauce is also blinding.
If your gonna do steak get a nice fillet so he won't have to eat it with his hands!

Just go to M&S

Starving now.

Not a lot in today had some brocolli and stilton soup with thick bread.

Still hungry obviously but don't think I will be eating that again.

Get the 4p curry sauce from Sainsburys and have that with chips....

Doesn't matter what it tastes like as you'll prob be too busy to eat it lol

Original Poster

Cooked steak with roasted veg (potatoes, parsnips and carrots)...peppercorn sauce...went down a treat! Cheers guys

What about Chicken kebabs with potato wedges. I got that recipe from slimming world- no fat in it eithr!
Post a comment
@
    Text