Any ideas what this is on my alloy?

Found 20th Jul
Was looking at my back right alloy and noticed all these strange marks on it. the rest are fine but this one in particular has these weird spots i guess you could call them? anyone know if there are something I should be concerned about?
2991385-sxRhE.jpg
Community Updates
Ask
8 Comments
Looks like corrosion under the clear coat on the diamond cut finish.
Oneday772 m ago

Looks like corrosion under the clear coat on the diamond cut finish.

Is it something that can be fixed, or something I should worry about in particular?
scottishgamer6 m ago

Is it something that can be fixed, or something I should worry about in …Is it something that can be fixed, or something I should worry about in particular?

If that is why it is, then yes it can be fixed.
It won’t be structural but will spread further and look unsightly. Which will of course hurt if you ever go to sell.
you'll be able to get it polished out no probs.
A family member had issues like this because of a chemical the local cheap hand car wash people were using and spraying on wheels it was an issue traced locally with others!
Cheap cleaning product or possibly brake fluid
Ive seen similar happen on just one wheel of a neighbours car, he always parked in the same place, turned out it was a late night dog walker, the dog had a favourite lamp post for peeing and the wheel was the other side of it, the dogs aim wasn't that great.
Looks like you use a 5 quid Romanian car wash . They use old battery acid for wheel cleaner but regular use knackers wheels
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants