Any IMAC experts about???

Found 9th Dec 2017
If you can help me with my issue i would be HUGELY grateful.
I have about 30% knowledge using OS X.
Basically i purchased a 2008 imac from ebay very recent which came with the sellers details on it. I wanted to wipe it and reset it which i did but then on installing the OS X again its impossible.... on the install OS X menus after singing in to the apple store the message comes up “this item is temporarily unavailable, please try again later”
After searching and searching the internet it mentions to use internet recovery mode holding CMD + R...for me that doesn’t even show up . After more searching it said i can create a recovery drive for the iMacs original OS but i neither know what OS it is OR have a spare computer to download it.
Any one have any fixes???
Thanks for taking the time to read this over and help me.
Ell
2851076-3Sl6U.jpg
Community Updates
Ask
16 Comments
[IMG]32684570-jndO7.jpg[/IMG]
hearts223 m ago

[IMG][Image] [/IMG]

I tried that one and it didnt work
willyzippy891 m ago

I tried that one and it didnt work

Sorry
They say to use an ID that has been used with iTunes or iCloud previously...

It sure seems related to signing in into the Apple Store to download the OS.
What version of MacOS are you trying to put on it because a 2008 iMac won't be compatible with the latest OS.

That might be why it's not working. Ask the seller what OS he had on it if it's possible and you can get a copy of the DVD with the OS online that way.
Edited by: "hearts22" 9th Dec 2017
hearts2229 m ago

What version of MacOS are you trying to put on it because a 2008 iMac …What version of MacOS are you trying to put on it because a 2008 iMac won't be compatible with the latest OS. That might be why it's not working. Ask the seller what OS he had on it if it's possible and you can get a copy of the DVD with the OS online that way.

It just says install Yosemite, so im guessing that was the one it came with “/

I did read installing it on a usb but the problem is i dont have a spare computer.
Ebay have some dvd copy’s of it so will probably try that.

Its very unlikely that the seller will hand over their apple id “/
willyzippy8924 m ago

It just says install Yosemite, so im guessing that was the one it came …It just says install Yosemite, so im guessing that was the one it came with “/ I did read installing it on a usb but the problem is i dont have a spare computer. Ebay have some dvd copy’s of it so will probably try that. Its very unlikely that the seller will hand over their apple id “/

Obviously not. Just meant they could tell you what version of the OS they had on it, which is no private info
Has the previous owner removed the Find my iMac from iCloud? If they have and it still does not work you will need to ask the previous owner for thier Apple ID as your Apple ID is not linked to the iMac and as it states in the message you received. I’ve never found a work around for the issue your receiving even help from Apple didn’t help but they did reveal what Apple ID the machine was registered to.

As I say your best bet is to speak to the previous owner for thier Apple ID
anyone who uses imac can not ever be a expert

Just kidding :P
Why would you buy a 9 year old computer? It'll be useless I hope it didn't cost more than £50.
dcx_badass2 m ago

Why would you buy a 9 year old computer? It'll be useless I hope it didn't …Why would you buy a 9 year old computer? It'll be useless I hope it didn't cost more than £50.

Well id love to be able to afford a new one, checked down the sofa couldn’t find a grand
willyzippy893 m ago

Well id love to be able to afford a new one, checked down the sofa …Well id love to be able to afford a new one, checked down the sofa couldn’t find a grand

You can get computers for far less than £1000.
Edited by: "dcx_badass" 9th Dec 2017
dcx_badass5 m ago

You can get computers for far less than £1000.

Done with pc, years and years of problems.
Any way not helping my issue
willyzippy892 h, 19 m ago

Done with pc, years and years of problems. Any way not helping my issue …Done with pc, years and years of problems. Any way not helping my issue

A little ironic then that your heap of junk old mac is also full of problems. Is it a core 2 duo
Edited by: "dcx_badass" 9th Dec 2017
deleted1597344
Your best bet is to buy the installation media, if you don’t have access to another Mac.
deleted159734410th Dec 2017

Your best bet is to buy the installation media, if you don’t have access t …Your best bet is to buy the installation media, if you don’t have access to another Mac.

Currently have a usb on order from ebay but with the weather i might expect it xmas eve
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions