Groups

Any Kim and Aggies out there?

I have some black stuff on the soleplate of me iron and want to remove it.

Granted,I don't use it much,well as little as is humanely possible:giggle: but I'm sure you used to be able to get something that cleaned this sort of thing from yer iron!

It looked like a pritt stick,I think,and you heated the iron and put this stuff on.Am I making sense?:?

Anyways....does anyone know where I could get some of this stuff from,or failing that have any handy tips to get the black stuff off me iron!

Thanks guys:)

16 Comments

Banned

yes i remember those things, what sort is your sole of the iron? and what have you got on it?

those caraselledirect.com/zca…192

Iron some newspaper (with it switched on) that always works for me...:)

Original Poster

sassie

yes i remember those things, what sort is your sole of the iron? and what … yes i remember those things, what sort is your sole of the iron? and what have you got on it?those http://www.caraselledirect.com/zcart.moreinfo.php?PID=192

That's the stuff!!:thumbsup:

I wasn't going mad then:whistling:

It's a rowenta iron with a stainless steel soleplate,brushed not polished.The black stuff is from a t shirt with nylon content being ironed on too hot a setting.

Banned

muckypup

That's the stuff!!:thumbsup: I wasn't going mad then:whistling: It's a … That's the stuff!!:thumbsup: I wasn't going mad then:whistling: It's a rowenta iron with a stainless steel soleplate,brushed not polished.The black stuff is from a t shirt with nylon content being ironed on too hot a setting.

i would just use a damp cloth when warm and keep rubbing, and iron things liike that inside out in future:giggle:

Original Poster

sadiebabes

Iron some newspaper (with it switched on) that always works for me...:)

Cheers....will try that first:thumbsup:

Banned

muckypup

Cheers....will try that first:thumbsup:

if it is sticky it will just spread by doing that, or the paper will just stick to the sticky

Original Poster

sassie

i would just use a damp cloth when warm and keep rubbing, and iron things … i would just use a damp cloth when warm and keep rubbing, and iron things liike that inside out in future:giggle:

Used the damp cloth,and sponge,and abrasive nylon sponge etc etc.....ran out of elbow grease,patience and inclination:giggle:

T shirt now chucked away coz ruined:oops:

This sounds rude.

Banned

thats why i gave up on them soleplates years ago, bin the iron and get one of those tefal coated ones

Banned

thesaint

This sounds rude.

you could see rude anywhere:w00t:

Original Poster

sassie

thats why i gave up on them soleplates years ago, bin the iron and get … thats why i gave up on them soleplates years ago, bin the iron and get one of those tefal coated ones

Had one of those and dropped it(well it got dropped more than once!),took a chunk off the soleplate.

Didn't really care too much for it,spent £40 on this puppy and it's a great iron....it's just that I'm not very domesticated:oops:

Banned

muckypup

Had one of those and dropped it(well it got dropped more than once!),took … Had one of those and dropped it(well it got dropped more than once!),took a chunk off the soleplate.Didn't really care too much for it,spent £40 on this puppy and it's a great iron....it's just that I'm not very domesticated:oops:

dont know how quickly you need it, but have you tried ebay?

my little one decided to plug in my iron upsatirs in my bedroom, and after about half hour i thought what on earth is that smell, went upsatirs and he had plugged it in and soleplate down on my carpet, i lifted the iron off and there was a lovely iron print left it was right down to the hessian backing on the carpet, but the carpet was easily removed from the iron, iron cost me £40 carpet cost me £800, kids eh, and guess what, i still havent replaced either:giggle:

Original Poster

sassie

dont know how quickly you need it, but have you tried ebay?my little one … dont know how quickly you need it, but have you tried ebay?my little one decided to plug in my iron upsatirs in my bedroom, and after about half hour i thought what on earth is that smell, went upsatirs and he had plugged it in and soleplate down on my carpet, i lifted the iron off and there was a lovely iron print left it was right down to the hessian backing on the carpet, but the carpet was easily removed from the iron, iron cost me £40 carpet cost me £800, kids eh, and guess what, i still havent replaced either:giggle:

Haven't replaced the kids????:w00t:

Don't do ebay,but it's not urgent,the stuff has been there for weeks so will probably order from that link you provided or google it now I know it's available.

Banned

no, i gave them away, didnt want to replace them, the link i posted only charge £1 delivery so not too bad, maybe buy a few:whistling:

use a ceramic hob scraper when switched on. Its won't scratch or just rub and scrub.:)

Rub Soap On Hot Iron Let It Dry Then Wipe Off

Its Worked For Me And I Ended Up With A Very Clean Iron!!
    :}
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…6551247
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764314
      3. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846213
      4. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITH* A VPN (Virtual Private Network)49394

See more discussions