Any Lenovo P2 owners out there?

Found 4th Apr 2017
Hi all

I've read (most of) the recent Lenovo P2 deal thread with interest.

I was just wondering who out there actually owns one, and if there are any more niggles that may have come to light in the first few weeks of ownership.

The battery life is very appealing, but I am wondering if it's worth waiting for the 3 handsets to get an Android 7 update, or alternatively wait for 3s exclusivity to end and see if prices drop when it becomes available everywhere.

I'd appreciate your thoughts and opinions!

Thanks

Uri

1. Ask
  2. Lenovo
Groups
  1. Ask
  2. Lenovo
27 Comments

Watching as I'm interested as well :-)

Although I think I'm going to hold on for a bit and see if Lenovo release a followup with a stronger CPU and Camera....

review in webuser magazine 22nd march edition

"Overall impressive especially 3 day battery life slightly let down by camera (not as good as Moto G4) but still OK"

Edited by: "cullies" 4th Apr 2017

Had mine 2 weeks, coming from an S6. Delighted with it so far. I'm no a professional, but the camera is fine for taking and sharing snaps. Battery life is outstanding. Only downside is finding decent cases. Any other specifics, ask away!

did you get it from 3 ?

cullies

did you get it from 3 ?

​Yeah, got it from instore. Already on a SIM only contract so no top up required.

Be aware if you buy it in-store you can't return it if you don't like the phone. Buy it online (and collect from store or have it delivered next day for free) and you get 14 days to return it.

I'm collecting one from Three @ Meadowhall tomorrow; expecting good things in comparison to my current Moto G 4G.

Love mine, had it a week and so far I can't find fault with it. As for the camera , there are lots of different options that I'm still working my way through, but I'm pleased with it, I've had some good results and I think the longer I use it the better it will get. Bought a flip case from uk , and I've got one coming from China , the choice isn't massive, but I'm sure if will improve In time. Battery life really is outstanding.

Original Poster

Thanks for the info so far folks, very interesting. @terriclarkfan, did you get yours yet? I'm coming from a Moto g4 plus with 4gb ram. Great phone but running dual SIM is eating the battery. I miss my Zuk Z1 for that. Any news on official Nougat updates?

Just ordered mine, will be replacing an old Samsung Galaxy Note 4, slight downgrade in screen Resolution but I can live with that for the massive battery.
Ordered online to collect in store tomorrow so at least got 14 days to take it back If I don't like it.

Uridium

Just ordered mine, will be replacing an old Samsung Galaxy Note 4, slight … Just ordered mine, will be replacing an old Samsung Galaxy Note 4, slight downgrade in screen Resolution but I can live with that for the massive battery.Ordered online to collect in store tomorrow so at least got 14 days to take it back If I don't like it.

Can you take it back to the store, or do you have to Post it?

@Uri Had a text from 3 saying delivery has been delayed until Thursday.

My Moto G (xt1039 IIRC) isn't cutting it anymore. I often have to wait 10 seconds or more for Holo Launcher to launch and for the keyboard to appear on input fields. And audio Bluetooth streaming to my car is hideously stuttery.

hermano2

Can you take it back to the store, or do you have to Post it?

Doesn't say on the T&C's sadly
three.co.uk/ter…icy

is the camera really thayg bad?

sestoul

is the camera really thayg bad?

Personally I don't think it is, I've taken some pretty good pictures so far ( though I've also taken some duds too, as with any new camera/ phone camera you have to work through the settings to see what works best for you.) I haven't had the chance to try photographing fast moving subjects yet and a few of the other setting I'm still working with. Having a decent camera was high up on my list of priorities, but I didn't want to spend over £200 and this is doing just fine so far.
Three mobile let me have a play with it in the shop before I bought it, which I'd recommend, it obviously won't give you an idea of all the possibilities due to the light conditions of the store, but will give you an idea of what's possible.
Edited by: "tinkerbellian" 6th Apr 2017

tinkerbellian

Personally I don't think it is, I've taken some pretty good pictures so … Personally I don't think it is, I've taken some pretty good pictures so far ( though I've also taken some duds too, as with any new camera/ phone camera you have to work through the settings to see what works best for you.) I haven't had the chance to try photographing fast moving subjects yet and a few of the other setting I'm still working with. Having a decent camera was high up on my list of priorities, but I didn't want to spend over £200 and this is doing just fine so far.Three mobile let me have a play with it in the shop before I bought it, which I'd recommend, it obviously won't give you an idea of all the possibilities due to the light conditions of the store, but will give you an idea of what's possible.

Okay I'll go to the 3 store first I think. Thank you

Uridium

Doesn't say on the T&C's … Doesn't say on the T&C's sadlyhttp://www.three.co.uk/terms-conditions/returns-and-exchange-policy

Return by post for online orders. Purchases in-store are NON-RETURNABLE, so best to order online for next day collection/delivery rather than buy in-store, I would suggest.....
Edited by: "terriclarkfan" 6th Apr 2017

Original Poster

terriclarkfan

Return by post for online orders. Purchases in-store are NON-RETURNABLE, … Return by post for online orders. Purchases in-store are NON-RETURNABLE, so best to order online for next day collection/delivery rather than buy in-store, I would suggest.....

​Did you get yours today?

@UriStamonov Yes, I collected mine this afternoon. It's restored all my apps automatically, but now I've got to re-enter all my app signons and preference settings.

i buy and sell phones for a living and have to say the p2 is one of the best phones I've ever used can't say a bad word about it the battery is immense and display gorgeous plus is very fast and fluid , top notch

Original Poster

So it looks like the worldwide Nougat update got pulled, and no sign of one from Three yet. Odd updates seem to be coming through them as usually they have vanilla handsets. Will have to wait and see what happens...

My first P2 kept restarting but 3 swapped it for a new one and this one works perfectly. May be something to look out for.

I have notification issues with my P2? I have to be actually using the phone in order to get a notification! It's driving me insane. It never alerts me if I have sold anything on eBay etc, as I run a business! Has anyone else had this problem? I need to know how to sort it out. It's the only thing letting the phone down, but it's a massive issue!

Original Poster

That's annoying. Are you on android 7 or the stock build? I would ask in the P2 deal thread, it's very active in there! I am still holding off on getting one for now...

Reality

I have notification issues with my P2? I have to be actually using the … I have notification issues with my P2? I have to be actually using the phone in order to get a notification! It's driving me insane. It never alerts me if I have sold anything on eBay etc, as I run a business! Has anyone else had this problem? I need to know how to sort it out. It's the only thing letting the phone down, but it's a massive issue!

I do hear the notification sound when I receive an email or a message on telegram.
However the notification light only appears when I have a missed call...

I'm on Nougat.... if someone can eplain how to get the notification light not only for missed calls, but also for emails, telegram, whatsapp, etc I would highly appreciated.

UriStamonov

That's annoying. Are you on android 7 or the stock build? I would ask in … That's annoying. Are you on android 7 or the stock build? I would ask in the P2 deal thread, it's very active in there! I am still holding off on getting one for now...

​Im still on stock build, marshmallow. It's not been rolled out on three yet. I'm hoping it will improve the notification issue when I finally get it!

juanmartinbravo

I do hear the notification sound when I receive an email or a message on … I do hear the notification sound when I receive an email or a message on telegram. However the notification light only appears when I have a missed call...I'm on Nougat.... if someone can eplain how to get the notification light not only for missed calls, but also for emails, telegram, whatsapp, etc I would highly appreciated.

​How have you got nougat? Have you downloaded it manually? I'm worried about bricking my phone! (_;)

Reality

How have you got nougat? Have you downloaded it manually? I'm worried … How have you got nougat? Have you downloaded it manually? I'm worried about bricking my phone! (_;)

Now I'm on Nougat. I have been able to get the light notifications on Settings > Display > LED Notification> Other Unread Notifications

Now I don't know how to avoid the vibration when I get an SMS, email or telegram message. But I didn't spend much time to fix it yet
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions