Found 2nd Mar 2010
Am trying to configure a remote on a PC which i will not name, i get to the point when i need to alter a hardware.conf file nd it all goes wrong!!

Mine doesn't look the same so i have to edit it to look the same, but when i try and type either nothing, or strange things, happen. I think when i press 'd' it deletes the line, and 'u' seems to be undo and there's a few more, obviously i'm doing something wrong!! Anybody feel like helping me, it's doing my head in

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
10 Comments

which text editor are you using, dounds like your using vi in which "dd" deletes a line and "d4d" would delete 4 lines, try using nano, its an easier to use editor, so on cmd line nano hardware.conf

out of interest what distro you using?

Original Poster

sudo vi /etc/lirc/hardware.conf

Should i do

sudo nano /etc/lirc/hardware.conf ?

xbmc distro, think it's based on ubuntu

What remote you trying to configure?

Original Poster

dcx_badass;7998915

Why have you put "which I will not name" like its something special? I … Why have you put "which I will not name" like its something special? I never name my inanimate objects either.

Because it's a revo, and get sick of people writing "oh great, another Revo thread" :thumbsup:

Gimme;7998938

What remote you trying to configure?

Cyberlink - following this forum.xbmc.org/sho…d=1

I've got to

ps -ef | grep lircd

and it doesn't say anything similar to what it's supposed to, just a list of what looks like oher commands

Have you tried following ]http//fo…=45 instead?

sancho1983;7999094

Because it's a revo, and get sick of people writing "oh great, another … Because it's a revo, and get sick of people writing "oh great, another Revo thread" :thumbsup:

Jeeeze, not another Revo thread, zzzzzzzzzzzzzz :-D

Soz.

sancho1983;7998874

sudo vi /etc/lirc/hardware.confShould i dosudo nano … sudo vi /etc/lirc/hardware.confShould i dosudo nano /etc/lirc/hardware.conf ?xbmc distro, think it's based on ubuntu

yeh that will work,

or if your doing alot of commands under root

sudo su

then sudo privlages will be applied to everything else so

nano /etc/lirc/hardware.conf

Vi is a very powerful editor but its not intuative atall where nano will give you a list of commands along the bottom.

Original Poster

Gimme;7999564

Have you tried following … Have you tried following ]http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=383324&postcount=45 instead?

Am trying that one, how do i...

4. Create a new Lircmap.xml file in your userdata directory (~/.xbmc/userdata) mapping the keys to remote buttons, here is mine:

:?:

Thanks

Original Poster

Have worked out how to create the above file, copied the suff into a txt file and renamed it lircmap.xml.

Still not working though, just up, down, left and right. It's sending me crazy now, anybody able to help????

Original Poster

It worked briefly, sort of, now i get

lircd: there seems to already be a lircd process with pid 1911lircd: … lircd: there seems to already be a lircd process with pid 1911lircd: otherwise delete stale lockfile /var/run/lirc/lircd.pid

Whenever i try and restart lirc, a third or so of the buttons work
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Switch from BT to BT same property different person625
    2. PayPal Friends and Family Payment reversal options710
    3. Flowers for anniversary44
    4. What are the prices of supermarket counter pizzas?33

See more discussions