Groups

Any london bus drivers here?

On the bus yesterday there were 4 awful kids maybe between the ages of 12 and 16, they were shouting and swearing messing around crawling on the floor and across the seats, throwing things at the drivers cab.

The driver did nothing, are they not allowed to throw kids off the bus? I mean this is london so they get free travel on any bus anyway.

27 Comments

Banned

Yes but he probably didn't want to risk getting stabbed.

Would you really want to approach the youth of today that think that's okay to do in the first place?

Original Poster

Doesn't have to get out of his cab, when bus drivers want people off they turn the engine off, open the doors and tell them they are not moving until they are gone.

Banned

Error440

Doesn't have to get out of his cab, when bus drivers want people off they … Doesn't have to get out of his cab, when bus drivers want people off they turn the engine off, open the doors and tell them they are not moving until they are gone.

Don't know what sort of la la land you're living in but it doesn't always run as smooth as that. Yes he probably should have challenged them but who are we to comment? until you have walked in someone's shoes and all that....

If it bothered you that much why didn't you tell them politely to shut up and sit down?

Banned

GAVINLEWISHUKD

If it bothered you that much why didn't you tell them politely to shut up … If it bothered you that much why didn't you tell them politely to shut up and sit down?

She probably didn't want to risk getting stabbed X)

Original Poster

MrScotchBonnet

Don't know what sort of la la land you're living in but it doesn't always … Don't know what sort of la la land you're living in but it doesn't always run as smooth as that. Yes he probably should have challenged them but who are we to comment? until you have walked in someone's shoes and all that....

I live in London where i have seen that done many times, the only time there is trouble is when the dumb drivers try to prevent people leaving the bus, like tne dumb one who turned his engine off went upstairs to where the trouble makers were and told them he'd called the police, que several minutes of someone trying to kick his cab door in before his mate found the emergency door release so they could scarper off the bus.

Original Poster

MrScotchBonnet

She probably didn't want to risk getting stabbed X)

Someone else already told em too

I told the adult idiots on a bus who were throwing things about on the top deck of one once that if any of them hit me I'd **** kill em, they shut up and behaved after that but that was before i had my son, it was just me onnthat bus.
    Edited by: "Error440" 16th Feb

Banned

Error440

I live in London where i have seen that done many times, the only time … I live in London where i have seen that done many times, the only time there is trouble is when the dumb drivers try to prevent people leaving the bus, like tne dumb one who turned his engine off went upstairs to where the trouble makers were and told them he'd called the police, que several minutes of someone trying to kick his cab door in before his mate found the emergency door release so they could scarper off the bus.

http://68.media.tumblr.com/4cdfef075505b366d1b944ab84d99b88/tumblr_nlp1flyRuW1qewacoo1_r1_540.jpg

Banned

Error440

I told the adult idiots on a bus who were throwing things about on the … I told the adult idiots on a bus who were throwing things about on the top deck of one once that if any of them hit me I'd **** kill em, they shut up and behaved after that

lol

http://68.media.tumblr.com/ab29a1efbd8609f2cd0592cc34ba3577/tumblr_ogr3sa93d91u9uwfco1_1280.jpg
    Edited by: "MrScotchBonnet" 16th Feb

Error440

Someone else already told em tooI told the adult idiots on a bus who were … Someone else already told em tooI told the adult idiots on a bus who were throwing things about on the top deck of one once that if any of them hit me I'd **** kill em, they shut up and behaved after that but that was before i had my son, it was just me onnthat bus.

You are well 'ard.

Original Poster

ritchiedrama

You are well 'ard.

I didn't give a stuff in those days why would I? As i said that was before i had my son.

Banned

Error440

I didn't give a stuff in those days why would I? As i said that was … I didn't give a stuff in those days why would I? As i said that was before i had my son.

In b4 HEAWD with the ''That's not a woman in my eyes'' .... ''I was raised without the need to resort to violence'' ..... ''It's a says a lot about you as a person'' ... etc etc X)

Banned

Moved to ASK. Thread over.

Original Poster

Yep and i never did find out the TFL policy for brats on buses

Error440

Doesn't have to get out of his cab, when bus drivers want people off they … Doesn't have to get out of his cab, when bus drivers want people off they turn the engine off, open the doors and tell them they are not moving until they are gone.

Why did you ask the question if you know the answer?

Original Poster

chocci

Why did you ask the question if you know the answer?

Is that policy and does that apply to kids? Thats why, ive seen that method used on adults

Error440

Is that policy and does that apply to kids? Thats why, ive seen that … Is that policy and does that apply to kids? Thats why, ive seen that method used on adults

I don't think that many bus drivers are going to risk kicking kids off their bus. Far too much scope for complaint from the little darlings' parents who have never bothered teaching the kids how they should behave.

Original Poster

RonChew

I don't think that many bus drivers are going to risk kicking kids off … I don't think that many bus drivers are going to risk kicking kids off their bus. Far too much scope for complaint from the little darlings' parents who have never bothered teaching the kids how they should behave.

Thats what i was wondering if there's some policy about kicking under 18s off eventho they get free travel

tfl.gov.uk/far…ode

I know a bus driver (not london) but their rules state that they cannot remove any passenger from the bus. Anyone under the age of 16 can only be removed by a uniformed police officer.
    The bus drivers can request and not move off the stop until they leave etc. If there is that much trouble they can contact the police and await their arrival to remove the offending person(s). (Normally the threat of calling the police and other passengers moaning that they want to get home/to work etc.

Original Poster

dai007uk

https://tfl.gov.uk/fares-and-payments/penalties-and-enforcement/young-persons-behaviour-codeI know a bus driver (not london) but their rules state that they cannot remove any passenger from the bus. Anyone under the age of 16 can only be removed by a uniformed police officer.The bus drivers can request and not move off the stop until they leave etc. If there is that much trouble they can contact the police and await their arrival to remove the offending person(s). (Normally the threat of calling the police and other passengers moaning that they want to get home/to work etc.

Well if i was him i would have done that throwing things at the drivers cab is distracting the driver and dangerous

whilst in the care of tfl ? even if they call the police it'll slow everything down , touch a kid and ppl accuse ppl of anything these days , so either put up with it or expect a long wait/delay and I know kids carry knives but some are carrying firearms , if you were that driver would you jeopardise everything for about £9 per hour ?

Original Poster

If i was the driver i would have told em to stop **** about or get off, he could have crashed the bus which is a far more likely outcome

how many video cameras on each bus?
    Surely they can identify the culprits and work with the schools, parents and police to punish them and make an example?
    Take away their travel pass?

Original Poster

sowotsdis

how many video cameras on each bus?Surely they can identify the culprits … how many video cameras on each bus?Surely they can identify the culprits and work with the schools, parents and police to punish them and make an example? Take away their travel pass?

I don't see many kids or OAPs even bothering to touch in most of the time unless challenged by the driver, OAPs especially just tend to hold it getting on the bus and never actually touch in, its true tho that they are tracking device.

That route that driver takes he probably experiences that all the time with those 4 kids or similar. If he says or does anything those 4 kids will turn into 10 or 12 (half of them will be carrying some sort of weapon) and he doesn't want the hassle. All that bus driver wants do is do his shift and go home in one piece to his family and watch telly, London is a dangerous place (you should know this). Anytime something like this happens to me on a bus or on the underground I would just move or get off.

Original Poster

RiverDragon8

That route that driver takes he probably experiences that all the time … That route that driver takes he probably experiences that all the time with those 4 kids or similar. If he says or does anything those 4 kids will turn into 10 or 12 (half of them will be carrying some sort of weapon) and he doesn't want the hassle. All that bus driver wants do is do his shift and go home in one piece to his family and watch telly, London is a dangerous place (you should know this). Anytime something like this happens to me on a bus or on the underground I would just move or get off.

Its no where near as dangerous as you make out
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. cats and royal canin biscuits914
      2. Electricity55
      3. Iptv918
      4. Wireless Earphones for Running56

See more discussions