Groups

Any mechanics around

Does anyone know where abouts the starter motor is on a Peugeot 200 please?

20 Comments

In the engine :thumbsup:

near the bell housing

Original Poster

dean3988;5249423

In the engine :thumbsup:

Well I bloody know that fool

raptorcigs;5249436

near the bell housing

Ok where is the bell housing - I can see the battery, the radiator etc

Its not even my car its a patient stuck in the car park at work and I have tried to jump start it but its no go and she has been told the tap the starter motor

bell housing is the big thing about 2foot across that looks bell shaped

201/202/203/204/205/206 or 207?

Original Poster

raptorcigs;5249479

Ok thanks - back out to the car park with that info :thumbsup:

GAVINLEWISHUKD;5249501

201/202/203/204/205/206 or 207?

fireheaven;5249458

Well I bloody know that foolOk where is the bell housing - I can see the … Well I bloody know that foolOk where is the bell housing - I can see the battery, the radiator etcIts not even my car its a patient stuck in the car park at work and I have tried to jump start it but its no go and she has been told the tap the starter motor

Select 1st gear, release the handbrake. Rock the car backwards, push against the door pillar, until you hear a click. It will start then.

If it's a manual. :thumbsup:

Original Poster

raptorcigs;5249479

Ok that didn't work so will try the other idea

its next to the flux capacitor:roll:

So guessing it doesn't start? Do the lights work? If you try and start the car do the lights dim?

Banned

fireheaven;5249458

Well I bloody know that fool

:lol:

Original Poster

Shambolic;5249520

Select 1st gear, release the handbrake. Rock the car backwards, push … Select 1st gear, release the handbrake. Rock the car backwards, push against the door pillar, until you hear a click. It will start then.If it's a manual. :thumbsup:

It started and then the daft bint stalled it :roll:

My god I am knackered - this was never in my job description

fireheaven;5249677

It started and then the daft bint stalled it :roll:My god I am knackered … It started and then the daft bint stalled it :roll:My god I am knackered - this was never in my job description

LMFAOOO

Rep for u kindness

fireheaven;5249677

It started and then the daft bint stalled it :roll:My god I am knackered … It started and then the daft bint stalled it :roll:My god I am knackered - this was never in my job description

Try it again then? You'll be working up a sweat by now? :-D

http://www.peugeot.com/media/262078/innovations_moteurthp_320.jpgsee thay yellow thing at the bottom left ? its connected to the starter motor SOMEWARE

raptorcigs;5249805

see thay yellow thing at the bottom left ? its connected to the starter … see thay yellow thing at the bottom left ? its connected to the starter motor

Pretty sure that's the air con you nutter

Original Poster

mr miagi;5249552

its next to the flux capacitor:roll:

Shurrup you

GAVINLEWISHUKD;5249628

So guessing it doesn't start? Do the lights work? If you try and start … So guessing it doesn't start? Do the lights work? If you try and start the car do the lights dim?

No the lights didn't work or anything

Shambolic;5249753

Try it again then? You'll be working up a sweat by now? :-D

Yeah I did, I tried to jump start it up and down the car park but no luck. I had to give up - but I tried my best

raptorcigs;5249805

see thay yellow thing at the bottom left ? its connected to the starter … see thay yellow thing at the bottom left ? its connected to the starter motor

How the hell would I have tapped that? :? Thanks for your help though Rappy and everyone else

Shengis;5250681

Pretty sure that's the air con you nutter

Lucky I didn't try then

If the lights don't work then its probably the battery. Well thats the first thing to check.

Have PM'd you a link that is potentially going to be far more useful than asking us lot of numptees :-D

Original Poster

GAVINLEWISHUKD;5250891

If the lights don't work then its probably the battery. Well thats the … If the lights don't work then its probably the battery. Well thats the first thing to check.

I am home now I gave up after over an hour of trying - I was hungry and needed to eat lol

MrGrumpyman;5250895

Have PM'd you a link that is potentially going to be far more useful than … Have PM'd you a link that is potentially going to be far more useful than asking us lot of numptees :-D

Thanks hun - replied accordingly ;-)
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Help Feed a Homeless Animal for Free1608647
      2. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?1624
      3. What do these 2 men have in common1116
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764217

See more discussions