Groups

Any MISCers like Muse? The Streets? What about RATM?

Read about this on the independent website today

"In April, Muse frontman Matt Bellamy said he wanted to collaborate with The Streets' Mike Skinner to create England's answer to Rage Against the Machine. Now "Who Knows Who" has been leaked on the internet. The rap vocals are unquestionably those of Skinner, and the piercing opening guitar very Bellamy. They seem to have achieved their goal: it's very reminiscent of Rage's Tom Morello."

I've listened to the track a couple of times and im not convinced, will give it a couple more goies and so reserve my final judgement until then.

For anybody who fancies a listen the link to track is below.

Let me know what you think

11 Comments

Thanks for this - defo Morello influenced.

Hmm, love Muse, like it but possibly would be better if Matt doesn't try to clone Tom Morello as much, the guitar work is "RATM by numbers"

Banned

No one else could be like RATM...wasnt just their sound it was everything they stood for

Original Poster

mbgringo;2702154

Hmm, love Muse, like it but possibly would be better if Matt doesn't try … Hmm, love Muse, like it but possibly would be better if Matt doesn't try to clone Tom Morello as much, the guitar work is "RATM by numbers"

Its like you've read my mind, couldnt hurt for skinner to try and inject some energy into it but i suppose thats not his style

Original Poster

ODB_69;2702188

No one else could be like RATM...wasnt just their sound it was everything … No one else could be like RATM...wasnt just their sound it was everything they stood for

couldnt agree more, didnt zack often say the reason he left was beacuse people cared more about the music than the message. have you listened to the track? what did you think?

guerilla;2702193

Its like you've read my mind, couldnt hurt for skinner to try and inject … Its like you've read my mind, couldnt hurt for skinner to try and inject some energy into it but i suppose thats not his style

Yeah, he's got the nonchalont style wheras Zack De La Rocha had the anger. It could work if Muse stuck to what they do and created a strong melody (something like our time is running out would be more than powerful enough for Skinner to drawl over)

Banned

guerilla;2702204

couldnt agree more, didnt zack often say the reason he left was beacuse … couldnt agree more, didnt zack often say the reason he left was beacuse people cared more about the music than the message. have you listened to the track? what did you think?

Dying to hear it but cant access at work :x
    But yh it was that and the internal fighting that split them...think Zack wanted to go to even more extremes
    Gotta love em for not just saying it like most bands but ACTUALLY fighting it...I mean closing the NY stock exchange? AMAZING....wasnt about the publicity for them was all about justice
    mbgringo;2702205

Yeah, he's got the nonchalont style wheras Zack De La Rocha had the … Yeah, he's got the nonchalont style wheras Zack De La Rocha had the anger. It could work if Muse stuck to what they do and created a strong melody (something like our time is running out would be more than powerful enough for Skinner to drawl over)

Which is why they were so good, you didnt just hear it you felt the hatred in his voice against the injustice of the world and its leaders

Original Poster

so you think they could work well together if matt wasnt so closely trying to imitate rage. more fo a collaboration than what is almost a cover, if you get wat i mean

i love MUSE - I'll listen to that later!!!

guerilla;2702229

so you think they could work well together if matt wasnt so closely … so you think they could work well together if matt wasnt so closely trying to imitate rage. more fo a collaboration than what is almost a cover, if you get wat i mean

There's potential, wether Skinner would be the lyricist i'd choose for this type of collaboration is debatable . . . . . . . Especially if they continue down this musical route. He gets lost in the chorus . . . . .
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. 3x Now TV Sky Sports Day Passes to Giveaway1918
      2. In-store receipt cashback - Shopitize, TopCashBack's 'Groceries', Quidco's …25104
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767411
      4. Any PS4 News Here29313805

See more discussions