Groups

Any mortgage advisors out there?

My wife and I are looking at buying our first house, but we are unsure whether her income will qualify when they calculate our combined income.

Basically she is doing a PhD, which lasts for 3 years, and has been awarded a grant for the next 3 years. So although it's probably more stable than my job, will it count towards our income as it isn't technically a salary. Or will different lenders include it/not include it.

Thanks in advance.

9 Comments

hi i am not a morgage advisor but when we got our morgage they took my family allowance in account and its a 25 year morgage so i would say you will be fine.

Banned

I think it will depend on mortgage lenders

Supermod

It will not be used as a salary calculation as it is a grant. I know they are not stable at the moment but jobs are what secures your mortgage. I know you will know this but they will ask for your occupation for each applicant. Especially at the moment as lenders are tightening up.

Whether it can be classed as "income from other sources" is up to the lender.

Be careful not to commit fraud by being untruthful or misleading on your application.

The best thing to do is appoint a mortgage advisor who will be paid by the lender. Search for local advisors in your area. They will not charge you a penny as long as they are on the lenders panel.

I thought every body commits mortgage fraud to get one.?????????????????????????????
    Maybe im just cynical .

As stated above find a broker they will help a lot.

A big deposit helps.

Original Poster

bigwheels;7423896

As stated above find a broker they will help a lot.A big deposit helps.

Is that an offer?!

:-D

Original Poster

Thanks for your help everyone - will contact a few banks or an advisor and see what they say.

Banned

a financial advisor will cut out all the hard work, why bother phoning around yourself, they will find the company that will give you what you need. a good one will know which ones to approach

Banned

sassie;7428044

a financial advisor will cut out all the hard work, why bother phoning … a financial advisor will cut out all the hard work, why bother phoning around yourself, they will find the company that will give you what you need. a good one will know which ones to approach

I think you'll find they'll find the one that pays them the most commission
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITHOUT* A VPN (Virtual Private Netwo…1841335
      2. Toys R Us may soon be Toys No More - USA possibly filing for Bankruptcy2425
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767171
      4. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047080

See more discussions