Any moved from sky broadband to Vodafone broadband.

Posted 26th Nov 2021
My sky superfast fibre contract is about to run out, can't get them down below £28 to renew, looking at Vodafone broadband £20 for superfast 2, anyone any experience on Vodafone broadband , router etc. I have been with sky for years and have the old sky q hub.
Community Updates
Ask
New Comment
19 Comments
  1. Avatar
    Pretty sure it'll be the same line/speeds and if not then leave within the cooling off period.

I'm with vodafone and have had zero issues in 6 months with 10+ devices connected to the router
  2. Avatar
    Author
    An
    sm969026/11/2021 15:18

Pretty sure it'll be the same line/speeds and if not then leave within the …Pretty sure it'll be the same line/speeds and if not then leave within the cooling off period.I'm with vodafone and have had zero issues in 6 months with 10+ devices connected to the router

Thanks for this, any problem with WiFi range/signal strength in rooms furthest away from router.
  3. Avatar
    liverman26/11/2021 15:36

An Thanks for this, any problem with WiFi range/signal strength in rooms …An Thanks for this, any problem with WiFi range/signal strength in rooms furthest away from router.

I only have a 1 bed apartment but have complete coverage in all areas
  4. Avatar
    I have Vodafone super fast 2 and constantly get 55/60mb for £18 so can’t argue it’s been great no issues whatsoever
  5. Avatar
    Just moved 3 family members onto Vodafone broadband and not had a problem. One install in a 4 bed house with decent wifi coverage in each from from a centrally based router. Best route to get it is use topcashback for £33 through BroadbandChoices and then get £150 voucher (Amazon + other options) for selecting Vodafone. Two of the transfers I've done have just paid out the vouchers after about 40/50 days.
  6. Avatar
    Author
    That's great, thanks everyone, really appreciate your input.
  7. Avatar
    I moved from Sky broadband to Vodafone about 2 years ago. I never had any issues with Sky but Vodafone had much better offers on so switched. The first router was dreadful but they've since updated it with a better one which is pretty good and better than the Sky router.

I've had 2 line faults whilst being on Vodafone. They were physical faults that required open reach to repair. Vodafone arranged appointments relatively quickly.
  8. Avatar
    I moved from sky to vodafone around 6 months ago. No issues so far.
  9. Avatar
    I’m with Vodafone, they’re awesome, currently getting 75mb, never had that speed with anyone else.

if you do it today TCB have a £51 cashback through uswitch, then I believe you get a £130 voucher too
  10. Avatar
    If you'd prefer to stay with Sky, Now TV are doing their super fibre with free calls package for £20 as a black friday deal. There's also a potential £100 if you sign up via topcashback.

Should be able to continue using the same router if sky don't want it back. Now provide a Now branded old sky 2 port router unfortunately, same router as an er115.
    Edited by: "melted" 26th Nov 2021
  11. Avatar
    Author
    Funny enough I looked at this but it says on the website it,s not available in my area, Don,t figure
  12. Avatar
    Yes. Best thing I’ve done. I was on only a basic package and getting 14mg if that. Paying £22 a month. It was more off than on. But it was all I could afford.
    I tried to get a deal as they upped the price to £32. But they wouldn’t offer nothing. So came on here and asked the same question in my area. Lancashire.
    So took the plunge. Rung Vodafone and asked for line transfer, instead of cancellation etc. within 16 days I was on Vodafone and get 50mg for £22 a month for 24 months. Super fast 2 I’m on.
  13. Avatar
    Author
    Took the plunge and switched to vodafone last night via topcashback and u switch, £50 cashback with topcashback and £150 voucher with uswitch, apparently 21st dec is the switch over.
  14. Avatar
    I am with Vodafone Superfast 2, no issues BUT I do use my own Router/Modem as I have 28+ connections both wired and wireless, including 4 game consoles. My first Vodafone supplied Router/Modem couldn't handle more than 10 (according to them about 5 years ago) so Vodafone eventually let me know my username and password enabling me to use my own equipment.

Maybe their equipment has improved..
    Edited by: "TheBiker" 27th Nov 2021
  15. Avatar
    Author
    TheBiker27/11/2021 10:30

I am with Vodafone Superfast 2, no issues BUT I do use my own Router/Modem …I am with Vodafone Superfast 2, no issues BUT I do use my own Router/Modem as I have 28+ connections both wired and wireless, including 4 game consoles. My first Vodafone supplied Router/Modem couldn't handle more than 10 (according to them about 5 years ago) so Vodafone eventually let me know my username and password enabling me to use my own equipment.Maybe their equipment has improved..

I think there is a more current and improved hub available to new customers so fingers crossed it works ok.
  16. Avatar
    Always ask for line transfer, it’s quicker and they sort it all for you. Saves cancelling etc
  17. Avatar
    Having a weird situation where I recently moved and Sky put me on a slightly worse deal and started a new 18 month contract so looking to take advantage of the cooling off period to go elsewhere. Vodafone was one of the ones I was looking at to change but for some reason the Vodafone site has started to say they can't provide me with broadband even though they previously could a week ago. I also tried with a different flat on my floor and they can provide that flat too. Not sure what to do with this as seems a bit odd. Anyone ever come across this before?
    Other broadband companies like Now or Plusnet seem to be offering me broadband so not sure why Vodafone is different as they're all Openreach I think?
    Edited by: "Robotredford" 7th Feb
  18. Avatar
    A lot of them are sadly the same with customer service (i.e. bad). But the Vodafone price is at least lower.
Post a comment
Top Merchants