Groups

Any MSQL experts out there

Banned
    I have a error on one of my forums thats causing major load spikes

Can anyone help

Thanks in advance

10 Comments

robbieukranger

I have a error on one of my forums thats causing major load spikes Can … I have a error on one of my forums thats causing major load spikes Can anyone help

Somebody will be able to if you provide more details.

BFN,

fp.

Hi - I work as a sql developer as my job so I might be able to help. PM me if you like with the error.

Original Poster Banned

mark2013

Hi - I work as a sql developer as my job so I might be able to help. PM … Hi - I work as a sql developer as my job so I might be able to help. PM me if you like with the error.

PM'ed Thanks

robbieukranger, I had a look what you sent me but it was a series of separate sql statements with no real reference as to which specific one was causing the error. The statements were also cut off at the end.

So all I can say really at this stage is there were a lot of deletes from smf_log_online so it might be a reference issue - really need the specific error message produced though, at a line number if possible to help any more.

Sorry I can't PM you - I don't have the "right" to yet.

Original Poster Banned

OK thanks for your help if I get anymore info I'll let you know

I also use MySQL and MS SQL Server in development. It is worth indexing the tables using the correct fields as indexes are almost essential when performing JOINs on a lot of data. I'm not sure if you are using MySQL or MS SQL Server but both provide Profile Analysers to determine where indexes should be used. Have you created the relevant indexes?

If you are JOINing string fields you will find a performance boost by using substrings.

By all means, post the queries here and I can take a look.
    Edited by: "ElliottC" 15th Dec 2010

Banned

mysql or mssql?! big difference!

vibeone

mysql or mssql?! big difference!

Could be MSQL, I suppose but whether it is MSQL, MySQL, MS SQL I have seen incorrect usage of indexes to cause high CPU loads.

Banned

ElliottC

Could be MSQL, I suppose but whether it is MSQL, MySQL, MS SQL I have … Could be MSQL, I suppose but whether it is MSQL, MySQL, MS SQL I have seen incorrect usage of indexes to cause high CPU loads.

I meant the OP's system, not your reply dude.

I agree.

vibeone

I meant the OP's system, not your reply dude.I agree.

I know but he might have been genuinely talking about MSQL though, which I hadn't realised either.
    Edited by: "ElliottC" 15th Dec 2010
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Ditched Sky1012
      2. Ap on iPhone ios1122
      3. Easyjet - book now or wait?712
      4. Oil for Oak Doors11

See more discussions