Expired

Any NAS drives support uTorrent?

Found 3rd Sep 2013
Hi all,

Moving house soon, and thought it was time I invested in a NAS drive so I can always leave stuff downloading/uploading without leaving my laptop on.

Only thing is, I have no idea what to go for that doesn't cost £200+

Main features I would like are:

- good torrent client support (uTorrent preferred because its just the one I've always used)
- 2TB ideally... But can be 2 empty bays to start with
- able to stream 1080p with 5.1 mkvs to my samsung tv
- quiet as possible?

Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance HUKD'ers.
Community Updates
AskNAS
9 Comments
I have Buffalo NAS. It use his own torrent client. But Samsung tv wont play mkv files thru network. At least my my 46E8000 won't.
Could get a HP proliant although is more work to set up and maitain
Banned
I use a lacie nas drive and it has its own torrent client built in, and it lets you access your files anywhere through an app on an iphone or through chrome on android phone.... so you back up the pictures you took or acess your music from your phone
Banned
majdzinski1979

I have Buffalo NAS. It use his own torrent client. But Samsung tv wont … I have Buffalo NAS. It use his own torrent client. But Samsung tv wont play mkv files thru network. At least my my 46E8000 won't.

you can get a little program called mkv2vob it decodes them and your tv will see the new file I use it for my ps3 as it wont play mkv
Original Poster
How much does RAM matter on these...? For example, the netgear ReadyNAS-102 has 512mb in comparison to AK48's ezmedia 128mb.
nedford

Could get a HP proliant although is more work to set up and maitain

Agree get a hp micro server. Easy to set up, and doesn't require much if any maintaining

I have Buffalo NAS. It use his own torrent client. But Samsung tv wont … I have Buffalo NAS. It use his own torrent client. But Samsung tv wont play mkv files thru network. At least my my 46E8000 won't.

Changing .mkv to .mp4 allows it to play on Samsung TVs
t11chb

Changing .mkv to .mp4 allows it to play on Samsung TVs

Hi t11chb, we know each other from kat. Can you send me your email or message me? Thanks, Condor
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions