Groups

Any of you hotuker's do car delivery? Or have a trailer and can deliver?

Banned
    Basically thinking about buying a car, its 92 miles from my house.
    Hertfordshire

to

Warwickshire

This car does not start at the moment, im planning on restoring it.

However i cannot pick it up myself.

Anyof you on here can do this?
    I've been getting quotes of £100+, cheapest £100, dearest £150.
    Cheers

6 Comments

take a friend with you?

Original Poster Banned

MarzBarz;4050843

take a friend with you?

I dont have a towbar, plus you cant tow with a rope on a motorway can you?
    Regards

You can only tow with a towbar or A-frame for that distance if the car is taxed and MOT'ed. ie. if it's wheels are on the ground it must be road-worthy. I know this because the same question came up on the UK Saab forum last week. You will need a transporter if the car is a project and out of tax/MOT. Good luck with it. I love old cars.

Original Poster Banned

ame;4050981

You can only tow with a towbar or A-frame for that distance if the car is … You can only tow with a towbar or A-frame for that distance if the car is taxed and MOT'ed. ie. if it's wheels are on the ground it must be road-worthy. You will need a transporter if the car is a project and out of tax/MOT. Good luck with it. I love old cars.

thanks for the info.
    Its not an old old car.
    Its more of a repair job.

Mitsibishi FTO.

Thats if i can find a reasonable delivery guy.

local recovery firms? or rather, get aa and call them and tell them you have broken down, lol

Mitsubishi FTO?!! I love those. Looked into getting one, but too small for us. Very nice cars and so under-rated. I spent a while drooling over this site:

mitsubishi-fto.org/

Good luck with the car.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. One thing you've forgotten56
      2. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread424814504
      3. One for the mathmaticians2847
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767462

See more discussions