Expired

Any offers on Eurostar tickets or holidays?

Found 19th Jan 2009
Hi all,

I'm trying to find a way to take the missus to Paris for Valentines Day without breaking the bank. As it's such a busy period, and I'm so late (whoops!), there doesn't appear to be much going.

Flights are quite expensive so I'm now looking at Eurostar. Ideally leaving UK on Friday 13th, coming back on Sunday 15th. If I could get a bundle deal with a decent hotel thrown in, that'd be the cherry on the cake.

Does anyone know of any good deals? I'm not sure how much Eurostar costs at the best of times, so no idea what I should be paying on Valentines weekend. I'm thinking around £350 per person, including hotel is about right?

Help!

11 Comments

location please? and how far can you travel to say, a mainline station/airport!

And if not Paris, where in UK would you fancy (Lakes/Keswick is lovely this time of year)

Original Poster

Location - that'd help! :oops:

Live in Telford (Shropshire), so quite a way from the London terminal. However, is there some sort of Eurostar parking? I don't mind driving to London to catch the train. Or I could get the train from Telford/Wolverhampton down to London...?

No idea where in the UK. Oddly enough, I don't see much of the place which is weird considering I live here. Always tend to travel overseas. However, the missus is studying French at the mo so I think she'd enjoy the opportunity to converse.

location does helps, i must admit. - go to litchfield, its nice there :p. A budget of £700 for a 2 day / 2 person mini break in paris, is very do-able, apart from

a) on valentines weekend
b) unless you get a very good deal

I'll see what I can find. I take it your nearest Airport is Birmingham Int, not London lol :whistling::oops: (which airlines fly from Brum to Paris) If travelling from London, what time could you be there?

EDIT: first check you can get 2 returns on ES, from London to Paris 12-15 Feb for £370 - times for travel etc etc and hotel standard TBC. Shall i work on this ?
EDIT2: Brum - Paris CDG via Flybe is £201 for return flights, but thats Thurs 6:20am from BRUM, Mon 9:40am or 9:40pm from Paris CDG
EDIT3: (yes, im busy).. BRUM to IRELAND(BELFAST) thurs-sun ret for £140 or thurs - mon £88

Original Poster

I hope you're running a part-time travel agency as this is pretty good stuff! :-D

Birmingham International is the nearest airport, and it's where I usually fly from - very easy to get to via train/car.

We're both working on the Friday so we'd have to leave Friday evening, 7pm onwards. If we can only find earlier, though, I reckon we'd both be able to get the afternoon off work.

Parm;4118218

I hope you're running a part-time travel agency as this is pretty good … I hope you're running a part-time travel agency as this is pretty good stuff! :-DBirmingham International is the nearest airport, and it's where I usually fly from - very easy to get to via train/car.We're both working on the Friday so we'd have to leave Friday evening, 7pm onwards. If we can only find earlier, though, I reckon we'd both be able to get the afternoon off work.

I WISH! but also glad to help (even though im at work)

add to that Brum - Belfat (Bmi), thurs - sun £140 ret for you both. (leaving 6:50pm brum airport). You need to decide today (so have a chat with the other half) if its Paris you DEF wanna go. theres no use me (us), trying to look elsewhere if thats the case. Bear in mind, the place (paris) and time of year, and imho, you're best off going elsewhere... even though its the UK there are some nice places.

BRUM - Dublin for 2, fri - sun, 65£ return for you both

Original Poster

The other half doesn't know as it's a surprise, ssshhh.

Do you think Paris would be really bad at that time of year? As a two-night stay, we'd literally be dropping in, stopping by a few of the sights, trying out some of the food and heading back.

Before Paris I was looking at UK resorts such as spas and so on, all seemed to be very pricey though.

Parm;4118331

The other half doesn't know as it's a surprise, ssshhh.Do you think Paris … The other half doesn't know as it's a surprise, ssshhh.Do you think Paris would be really bad at that time of year? As a two-night stay, we'd literally be dropping in, stopping by a few of the sights, trying out some of the food and heading back.Before Paris I was looking at UK resorts such as spas and so on, all seemed to be very pricey though.

i priced up a paris mini break last year (for feb). prices were ****. spa deals can be canny depending on what you want!
Hotels from £200- £450 per couple for fri/sat night..
Dublin Hotels from £120-£280 per couple for fri/sat night

Try Cresta

LE MERIDIEN MONTPARNASSE,
Paris, France

Hotel rating: 4 Star
Board type: Buffet Breakfast
Room type: DOUBLE
Check in: 13 Feb 2009
Check out: 15 Feb 2009

Outbound train
Eurostar: Eurostar ES9004
Class: FREE LEISURE SELECT UPGRADE
Departing: 0655 on 13-Feb-2009
To: Paris - Gare du Nord
Arriving: 1043 on 13-Feb-2009
Return train
Airline: Eurostar ES9019
Class: FREE LEISURE SELECT UPGRADE
Departing: 0943 on 15-Feb-2009
To: St Pancras
Arriving: 1119 on 15-Feb-2009

Passengers
Adults: 2
Children: 0
Infants: 0

EUROSTAR SUPP
BASIC PRICE
10% GUARANTEED DISCOUNT - ONLINE BOOKING
TRAVEL FOUNDATION CHARITY DONATION

£206.50 each

wheres that from? (ie: website/operator)

Original Poster

Cresta seems to have some good deals, but they only tend to depart early in the morning - on both the friday and coming back on the sunday. Hmmm.

In other news, I found return flights with Air France for around £350 including taxes for the pair of us. That doesn't seem too bad!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread428414664
    2. Anger over Donald Trump's UK crime tweet3476
    3. #KoemanIn, Thank You Koeman for trying to get Everton relegated!1219
    4. can i swap out ssd frequently? day to day stuff11

See more discussions