Expired

any one applied for "marriage allowance"??

Found 8th Jun 2015
anyone applied for marriage allowance which came in to effect on 6th april??

iv been on GOV website but it only gives me the option to enter my email address to register my interest! how do I go about applying for it? ??

Shared Via The HUKD App For Android.
Community Updates
Ask
13 Comments
I've registered for it. You give them your email and they will get back to you with a form to complete.
stuarthanley

I've registered for it. You give them your email and they will get back … I've registered for it. You give them your email and they will get back to you with a form to complete.

That's what iv just done registered. bit do you know of they will back date the claim to 6th of April as that's when marriage allowance officially started.
You register your interest on line then eventually they send you a email to apply on line. There was an article in Saturdays Daily Mail saying that they were having numerous problems with it. The problem centres on a £25 million computer system called Verify that checks your identity by way of passport, driving licence, bank account etc.also need a mobile phone so they can send you a unique security code by text message, as not everyone has the necessary documents or mobile phone its causing problems. Now they are saying they are introducing a new computer system to help couples who cannot use Verify but I think it going to take some time to sort it out. My daughter has not heard anything yet but I appear to have been lucky, not able to use Verify I rang the number they give you and new tax code has been sent to my husband.
Put all their eggs in one basket and relied on a computer system provided by the cheapest supplier.
Same thing will happen with the driving licences now.
Im off to Download festival on Sunday where they've gone completely cashless - pretty confident I'll not be able to buy anything there either.
How much is this effectively worth and does the partner who doesn't work lose out in anyway?
oddly when you get through to someone on the phone they sort it out in seconds, still waiting for our chance to apply after declaring an interest when they first announced it,
Don't you have to be over 80 to claim it?

https://www.gov.uk/married-couples-allowance/eligibility

You can claim Married Couple’s Allowance if all the following apply:

you’re married or in a civil partnership
you’re living with your spouse or civil partner
one of you was born before 6 April 1935
hockeygod76

Don't you have to be over 80 to claim it? … Don't you have to be over 80 to claim it? https://www.gov.uk/married-couples-allowance/eligibilityYou can claim Married Couple’s Allowance if all the following apply:you’re married or in a civil partnershipyou’re living with your spouse or civil partnerone of you was born before 6 April 1935

That's for Marriage Couple's Allowance
Marriage Allowance is different. You have to be born after April 6 1935, earning under 10k and partner earning under 42k to be eligible. You can get up to £212 back per year.
jpxdude

That's for Marriage Couple's AllowanceMarriage Allowance is different. … That's for Marriage Couple's AllowanceMarriage Allowance is different. You have to be born after April 6 1935, earning under 10k and partner earning under 42k to be eligible. You can get up to £212 back per year.

from what I can understand this is only for working couples right?
what if 1 partner is working but the other is not due to child care? ?? can the the working partner still claim? ?
bargainmadness60

what if 1 partner is working but the other is not due to child care? ?? … what if 1 partner is working but the other is not due to child care? ?? can the the working partner still claim? ?

interested to know this too, anyone applied who has 1 person working and 1 not working?
bargainmadness60

what if 1 partner is working but the other is not due to child care? ?? … what if 1 partner is working but the other is not due to child care? ?? can the the working partner still claim? ?

How can someone who is not working get a tax code to share with a partner who is
bargainmadness60

bargainmadness60

bargainmadness60

athunder

interested to know this too, anyone applied who has 1 person working and … interested to know this too, anyone applied who has 1 person working and 1 not working?

everyone has a tax code working or not, if you aren't working then you have your full allowance spare but the government will allow you to transfer a small portion to of it to the worker in your family. Someone looking after children not working will be allowed to transfer, as will a house wife/ husband, someone working earning less than the allowance.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants