Groups

any one been for a nuchal fold scan in leicester?

nhs not offering them yet and i would like one... any one been locally, not sure where to go? cheers!

9 Comments

I don't know where you can get one, is there any reason you want one? Does Down's run in the family or anything?

I'm just thinking if you are at high risk they might do it on the nhs anyway? Even though it isn't standard.

Nuchal Translucency Scans at Nuffield Hospital Leicester

more info here...

nuffieldhospitals.org.uk/az_…665

Good luck with your pregnancy. Hope everything turns out okay x x x

I was classed as high risk, don't know why. Everything turned out fine, i wont put any more details on here about it, but if you wanna chat about it send me a pm, wish you all the luck in the world x

they checked and measured my daughter at 12 week scan and then sent results through few weeks later i thought everyone got one...im in southampton.

Original Poster

it was supposed to be in place in leic on the nhs by jan but not enough staff apparently! im probably worrying for nothing but im nearly 36 and worried with being older and the odds being higher etc.

joharni;4420854

it was supposed to be in place in leic on the nhs by jan but not enough … it was supposed to be in place in leic on the nhs by jan but not enough staff apparently! im probably worrying for nothing but im nearly 36 and worried with being older and the odds being higher etc.

The odds are slightly higher, but chances are you are having a perfectly healthy normal baby.

My Mum had me when she was 36 and I'm totally fine! :roll:

Go see your doctor if this is worrying you and tell them it's making you really anxious and you want an early scan time. Meanwhile try and relax, you don't want baby to feel all your stress hormones! Take your folic acid and get plenty of rest. Make some extra time for yourself to enjoy this stage of your pregnancy. You are special, you're bringing a new life into the world. :friends:

Original Poster

ClarityofMind;4420915

The odds are slightly higher, but chances are you are having a perfectly … The odds are slightly higher, but chances are you are having a perfectly healthy normal baby. :)My Mum had me when she was 36 and I'm totally fine! :roll:Go see your doctor if this is worrying you and tell them it's making you really anxious and you want an early scan time. Meanwhile try and relax, you don't want baby to feel all your stress hormones! Take your folic acid and get plenty of rest. Make some extra time for yourself to enjoy this stage of your pregnancy. You are special, you're bringing a new life into the world. :friends:

ahhh thanks, ive just had my first scan which puts me at 9 weeks..... i thought i was 12! will try and not stress x

joharni;4423493

ahhh thanks, ive just had my first scan which puts me at 9 weeks..... i … ahhh thanks, ive just had my first scan which puts me at 9 weeks..... i thought i was 12! will try and not stress x

If your scan at 9 weeks shows a viable fetus you are well on your way to having a bonny healthy baby :thumbsup:

Good luck with your pregnancy and take care of yourself x x:)

Original Poster

thanks so much :-D
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Royal Mail chat says I am not allowed to send paper of any kind to Hong Kon…1019
      2. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread422814431
      3. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITH* A VPN (Virtual Private Network)58473
      4. HUKD Satellite Information & IPTV Thread48710943

See more discussions