Groups
    EXPIRED

Any one got a samsung American fridge freezer - what plumbing connection size does it use to connect to the mains?

As above?

6 Comments

Look at this bay listing - scroll down to 'kit contains' heading for sizes.

ebay.co.uk/itm…773
    Edited by: "Gordonc1960" 26th Dec 2014

On the fridge side, Ebay search following: "samsung fridge water pipe connection kit".
    On your side, look for an adapter if you don't have the same.
    If it helps, the connection is the same as washing machines so you could just get a splitter for your washing machine if you already have one plumbed in.

We have a Samsung American Style Fridge Freezer. The water supply pipe has a ¾" BSP connector. Use a Y connector to connect to your washing machine supply. Don't use the cheap plastic ones you get in B&Q or Screwfix etc. We did and our plumber said it was leaking when he serviced our boiler. He recommended a brass one so I bought this:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B008TN6VYY

Hasn't leaked at all since. Hope this helps?
    Edited by: "DistortedVision" 26th Dec 2014

Original Poster

Thank you all above!

That helps hugely, ordered an American fridge freezer today so need to sort out plumbing ready...

Thanks again

DistortedVision

We have a Samsung American Style Fridge Freezer. The water supply pipe … We have a Samsung American Style Fridge Freezer. The water supply pipe has a ¾" BSP connector. Use a Y connector to connect to your washing machine supply. Don't use the cheap plastic ones you get in B&Q or Screwfix etc. We did and our plumber said it was leaking when he serviced our boiler. He recommended a brass one so I bought this:http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B008TN6VYYHasn't leaked at all since. Hope this helps?

Hi I hope you still use your account!!!!! Ive got one and I think it needs an external filter... But why do you need a Y piece? does it not just need a 1/4" in and a 3/4" out

Original Poster

ItsFrazer

Hi I hope you still use your account!!!!! Ive got one and I think it … Hi I hope you still use your account!!!!! Ive got one and I think it needs an external filter... But why do you need a Y piece? does it not just need a 1/4" in and a 3/4" out

Think it was so you can run both the fridge and the washing machine from the same cold water outlet rather than installing a new outlet just for the fridge
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Cheap northface alternatives?11
      2. NUS EXTRA - Cheap (Legitimate Way) - 3 year card?610
      3. What to do?????56
      4. Tradesmen battery power tools.11

See more discussions