Any one got any good recommendations on a lawnmower

Posted 29th Jul
hey people i need help on picking a lawnmower and i don't know anything about it could anyone help me...
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

16 Comments
You’d be best giving a few more pointers..

Budget?
Area it needs to cover?
Any preference to type of fuel?
Diggsy29/07/2020 14:20

You’d be best giving a few more pointers..Budget?Area it needs to c …You’d be best giving a few more pointers..Budget?Area it needs to cover?Any preference to type of fuel?

£300
Tiny garden but the grass is overgrown
I want a reliable mower that will last a few years and a good deal if possible prefer a petrol but its not a big deal if its a electric... just need it to be cordless. Any recommendations..
Diggsy29/07/2020 14:20

You’d be best giving a few more pointers..Budget?Area it needs to c …You’d be best giving a few more pointers..Budget?Area it needs to cover?Any preference to type of fuel?

I posted this up hotukdeals.com/dea…108 was thinking of purchasing it but don't know if its a deal or now what do you think :/
n9zang29/07/2020 14:32

£300Tiny garden but the grass is overgrown I want a reliable mower that …£300Tiny garden but the grass is overgrown I want a reliable mower that will last a few years and a good deal if possible prefer a petrol but its not a big deal if its a electric... just need it to be cordless. Any recommendations..

If it’s a tiny garden, a petrol mower is likely overkill. If you’re set on petrol though, something with a Briggs and Stratton engine should be decent. You’d probably just want a push type, rather than self propelled, given the garden size.

For battery mowers, I’m afraid I don’t have any experience, but I’m sure someone will be along soon with a suggestion.
...I’m actually wondering if you’d be better with a strimmer to cut the grass to manageable levels, then a robotic mower, if you can’t be bothered to look after it
Diggsy29/07/2020 14:38

...I’m actually wondering if you’d be better with a strimmer to cut the gra …...I’m actually wondering if you’d be better with a strimmer to cut the grass to manageable levels, then a robotic mower, if you can’t be bothered to look after it

Can't have a robotic mower as i have a big dog and some time there's poop on the grass and i need to pick it up before i cut the grass and i have a cordless strimmer already... what do you think toro-20945-140cc-petrol-lawnmower-3515108 it has a Briggs & Stratton engine i think.
41525461-ZZAFI.jpg
Edited by: "n9zang" 29th Jul
n9zang29/07/2020 14:45

Can't have a robotic mower as i have a big dog and some time there's poop …Can't have a robotic mower as i have a big dog and some time there's poop on the grass and i need to pick it up before i cut the grass and i have a cordless strimmer already... what do you think toro-20945-140cc-petrol-lawnmower-3515108 it has a Briggs & Stratton engine i think.[Image]

Never heard of that make.

kit.honestjohn.co.uk/top…rs/
Diggsy29/07/2020 14:53

Never heard of that …Never heard of that make.https://kit.honestjohn.co.uk/top-tens/top-10-best-petrol-lawnmowers/

Cool thanks mate gonna try and fine a secondhand Honda one on ebay thanks for your help.
No worries. You’ll not go far wrong with a Honda. Just like their car engines, they’re pretty much indestructible
bought this the other week (amazon have gone up £10 but was same price when I ordered):

cheapmowers.com/aca…wcB

and quite impressed by it - battery pack is the same on spear and jackson using samsung 40v packs so picked up a spare cheaply off ebay.
Diggsy29/07/2020 15:11

No worries. You’ll not go far wrong with a Honda. Just like their car e …No worries. You’ll not go far wrong with a Honda. Just like their car engines, they’re pretty much indestructible

Hey mate sorry to bother you but would you give me a opinion on this honda mower Look at this on eBay
ebay.co.uk/itm…172 was gona offer him 100 for it what do u think.
Not sure to be honest. Ask some sensible questions - age of the machine would be a good starter, then do a little research. Don’t be jumping on the 1st machine you see would be my advice
Diggsy29/07/2020 16:16

Not sure to be honest. Ask some sensible questions - age of the machine …Not sure to be honest. Ask some sensible questions - age of the machine would be a good starter, then do a little research. Don’t be jumping on the 1st machine you see would be my advice

Totally agree. If you go to look at it check to see if the air filter is clean, same with oil. What condition is the blade in ? See how it starts from cold - if it's warm when you get there that's a bit of a red flag. See how it runs and ask if you can cut his lawn !!
n9zang29/07/2020 15:53

Hey mate sorry to bother you but would you give me a opinion on this honda …Hey mate sorry to bother you but would you give me a opinion on this honda mower Look at this on eBay https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/154017028172 was gona offer him 100 for it what do u think.

I would be concerned about the deck. He's tarted it up with a lick of paint but you can see the rust blistering. Honda decks are notorious for rotting through, they are nowhere near as indestructible as the engines. They also cost an absolute fortune to replace.

If you have the cordless strimmer just invest in the battery mower as well. It should easily cope with the patch of grass once it's down to a manageable length.
themorgatron30/07/2020 07:46

I would be concerned about the deck. He's tarted it up with a lick of …I would be concerned about the deck. He's tarted it up with a lick of paint but you can see the rust blistering. Honda decks are notorious for rotting through, they are nowhere near as indestructible as the engines. They also cost an absolute fortune to replace.If you have the cordless strimmer just invest in the battery mower as well. It should easily cope with the patch of grass once it's down to a manageable length.

Thanks mate after seeing the rust I've decided on your recommendation and gone for a new battery mower hopefully it dose the job thanks for everyone's advice and help....
amazon.co.uk/dp/B082BRR7DZ?ref=dacx_dp_8103508810202_1851502800602&pd_rd_plhdr=t&aaxitk=ioTBp630G8Xe5wtjfR81dg
Edited by: "n9zang" 30th Jul
I’m sure that’ll do just fine for your small lawn. Hope it goes well for you
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants