Groups

Any one know anything about car seats..advice needed please

My daughter is 2 1/2 and is 15kg. At the moment she is is a regular car seat which says it lasts to 4 years. However my 5 month old son is huge and is growing out of his baby car seat so needs to move up to her car seat in a couple of months. I don't want to buy her another car seat for this stage as she is getting too big for one. What I was wondering, from a safety point of view, is whether she would be safer in a high back booster seat (aged from 4 years or 15kg) or whether I would be better buying a high back booster which has a 5 point harness on which is suitable from 9 months to 11 years. The problem is I really can't afford to spend over £100 on one of these as I have to buy 4 of them for all cars. Are the cheaper ones any good?
    I suppose what I am asking isis a cheaper 5 point harness safer than a good high back booster?
    Thank you so much for your help. Any recommendations would also be appreciated

8 Comments

Original Poster

jeany123;7560290

http://www.kiddicare.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/productdisplayA_65_10751_-1_14568_92899_10001_14568http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/584663/baby-weavers-beline-sp-plusiris-blathis one seems to have good reviews

Thanks, when you say good reviews do you mean saftey reviews. I have seen these but didn't know if it is safer to stick with a graco / britax normal high back booster

personally speaking i dont think there would be any difference, they all use the same basic design shape. just comfort and quality might be less.

I asked a similar question the other day, my daughter's 3 1/2 and I wasn't sure either. 2 1/2 does seem very young.....what does she weigh?

hotukdeals.com/ite…e=2

Original Poster

hannah19790;7560346

I asked a similar question the other day, my daughter's 3 1/2 and I … I asked a similar question the other day, my daughter's 3 1/2 and I wasn't sure either. 2 1/2 does seem very young.....what does she weigh?http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/569567/car-seat-weight-xx-is-0-8kg-a-lot?page=2

She is 15kg and will be 3 in July. I had the same with my son when she went up but he was 6 months older and bigger so we went straight for a graco high back booster which he is till in at 5

wookiemummy;7560321

Thanks, when you say good reviews do you mean saftey reviews. I have seen … Thanks, when you say good reviews do you mean saftey reviews. I have seen these but didn't know if it is safer to stick with a graco / britax normal high back booster

im sure if you google you will be able to find safety checks

wookiemummy;7560563

She is 15kg and will be 3 in July. I had the same with my son when she … She is 15kg and will be 3 in July. I had the same with my son when she went up but he was 6 months older and bigger so we went straight for a graco high back booster which he is till in at 5

ah well in that case there shouldn't be a problem. I think it is the size that's more important.
    I went for this one
    argos.co.uk/sta…htm

Original Poster

Thanks everyone. I've ordered the britax hi liner which has a good which review and 2 for £90 at Halfords
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. What to do?????23
      2. Virgin Media Superhub 3 Settings55
      3. Good Sim only deals??611
      4. Teenage son new phone (1250 budget)1424

See more discussions