Groups

any one know how far you have to live to get free buses to school

hi im woundeing how far it is to be able to get free busses to school i live 2.3 miles in wales from school am i able to get free buses

7 Comments

Have a read of ]this!

;-)

I believe it's 3 miles.

When I was at school it was 3 miles - Remember quite a few kids missed out cos they lived on the wrong side of the road.

It is 3 miles unless the road that the pupils walk on is dangerous to pedestrians for example if it is a Dual Carriagway.

We live 2.9 miles from the School and the pupils would have to walk a normal road with no footpath or street lights pass a golf course and the local authority deemed this to be safe:x

A Bus?? Kids where i live get free taxi's from the council instead of bus rides. :roll: lol

every region in scotland has their own rules for this-ours is only one mile or if they have to walk a dangerous road. but this only applies if you have sent them to their catcement area school-if you have got them a place at a different school you arent entitled to free transport.

mikebike;6015600

It is 3 miles unless the road that the pupils walk on is dangerous to … It is 3 miles unless the road that the pupils walk on is dangerous to pedestrians for example if it is a Dual Carriagway.We live 2.9 miles from the School and the pupils would have to walk a normal road with no footpath or street lights pass a golf course and the local authority deemed this to be safe:x

Similar to where we used to live; the council gave in after 3 days of the parents walking the kids to school en masse in the road, creating traffic chaos - we had parents at the front and back in flourescent jackets slowing down all the traffic, and the children were shepherded in one looooonnnnnnggggggg single file line, with more parents walking alongside them at intervals. When the police turned up they couldn't tell us not to take our kids to school, nor could they tell us not to walk on the road (as there was nowhere else to walk), so they were powerless to do anything. We also got the local paper to coma along a do a story.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. word association Game74044550
      2. It is a Yorkshire pudding wrap.1424
      3. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17866387
      4. The never ending counting with pictures thread !4594775

See more discussions