Groups

Any one know the official acceptable forms of ID to buy alcohol?

As above.

I need to know what is officialy acceptable forms of ID are needed to buy alcahol in Tesco and their "Think 21" scheme.

Any one know?

30 Comments

A Tom Selleck moustache??!?

CHARLIETHIRTYTWO;2543916

A Tom Selleck moustache??!?

I lol'd, then tried to neg you only to find out the neg system is no longer there

Supermod

As above and it can also be provisional.
    ID has to be in date though.

http://vjarmy.com/junkbin/iammclovin.png

Is it not upto the licencee?

midlandscomics;2543934

lol, thats a classic film

Oap Pension Book

Supermod

duckmagicuk2;2543935

Is it not upto the licencee?

They need to satisfy the requirements in line with the law so it is up to them what they accept.

For example, Ladbrokes accept Citizencard for ID when gambling whereas other bookmakers dont.

raptorcigs;2543964

Oap Pension Book

is that from experience:-D?

black gerbil1;2543970

is that from experience:-D?

BE QUITE YOU

student card, passport, driving license

Original Poster

Ive emailed Tesco to find out. Thanks for the help.

driving licence, passport or any other nationatally card, portman card, validate card,

ANY photo id with dob, picture, "pass" hollagram

Student card most definately isn't accepted.

Valid passport, valid photo-driving license and Portman Group\'Prove It' cards are acceptable forms of ID.

Original Poster

maddness007;2543980

driving licence, passport or any other nationatally card, portman card, … driving licence, passport or any other nationatally card, portman card, validate card, ANY photo id with dob, picture, "pass" hollagram

Would you say a French drivers liscese is acceptable? Couldnt find it on their terms and cons.

maddness007;2543980

ANY photo id with dob, picture, "pass" hollagram

That simply isn't true, it has to be one of the approved types. Foreign (non-EU) driving licenses for example might not be accepted.

razta;2543988

Would you say a French drivers liscese is acceptable? Couldnt find it on … Would you say a French drivers liscese is acceptable? Couldnt find it on their terms and cons.

They would be perfectly within their rights to turn it down but provided it was a modern EU photo DL it probably would be okay :thumbsup:

If they are statisfied with your age/ID then the type is less of a issue

Initally/Offically I would imagine it would be goverment recoginised ID, however it all depends on the cashier serving you and their take on your age and legitamacy (is that spelt correctly?) of your ID as its down to their discreation

you can use this one if u want
    http://i313.photobucket.com/albums/ll389/bigbob909/Fake-ID.jpg

all tesco's are supposed to take the following :

any driving license (from any country, based on it being authentic) i have been shown canadian and austrian lol
    national i.d. cards (citizen card, etc)
    passport

no tesco would take any other

(i used to work on the tills for tesco)

jah128;2543995

That simply isn't true, it has to be one of the approved types. Foreign … That simply isn't true, it has to be one of the approved types. Foreign (non-EU) driving licenses for example might not be accepted.

The user you were quoting did, in all fairness, say with the "pass" logo... :thumbsup:

duckmagicuk2;2544099

The user you were quoting did, in all fairness, say with the "pass" … The user you were quoting did, in all fairness, say with the "pass" logo... :thumbsup:

Fair point, apologies maddness, had misread and thought you meant any generic hologrammed photo-id.

My friend moved from chile, her passport over there was handwritten! All she did was carefully rub out the DOB and change it. (she had a UK passport too)

Titchimp;2544170

My friend moved from chile, her passport over there was handwritten! All … My friend moved from chile, her passport over there was handwritten! All she did was carefully rub out the DOB and change it. (she had a UK passport too)

Hmmmm, i think she's an illegal

bigbob909;2544185

Hmmmm, i think she's an illegal

Probably. I'll sharpen my pitchforks and get the torches ready

Titchimp;2544227

Probably. I'll sharpen my pitchforks and get the torches ready

ok i will round up a mob and meet you round at your house in 10 minutes

bigbob909;2544274

ok i will round up a mob and meet you round at your house in 10 minutes

I'll give you the sack but you have to provide your own doorknobs

it also so long as id looks genuine i believe as the individual cashier can be personally fined they have to be satisfied the id is yours

Original Poster

This is the email I got back from Tesco Customer Service:

With regards to your enquiry about whether the a French European Driving license is an acceptable form of ID.

Sorry, unfortunately it is not. please find below a list of the acceptable proof of age ID:-

Acceptable Proof of Age ID

- Passport
    - Photocard Driving Licence
    - Portman Card
    - Citizen Card
    - Connexions Card
    - Validate Card
    - Approved local authority/police proof of age card
    - Any other cards with the PASS hologram

Just in case any one else might need this information in future.

By all accounts, near where I live if you can walk independently of your mummy and daddy, you can buy diamond white
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Free Sky Sports Day Pass if anyone wants it11
      2. 'Hard' Brexit offers '£135bn annual boost' to economy - BBC News99
      3. How dangerous is Donald trump?33199
      4. Are these two things distinctly different to you?1722

See more discussions