Expired

Any one know what the Turbo mode in Showbox app does and how to activate it?

Found 20th Aug 2014
Anyone getting a Turbo mode in the updated Shwobox?
Any one know what the Turbo mode does and how to activate it?
Community Updates
AskApp
100 Comments
Just a link to a playstore app by the looks of it. Wouldn't make a difference unless your on a very low end phone and then i'd be sceptical.
I must be blind as i can't see anything?? I updated to the new version last night too?
I think its something to do with downloading content. Maybe it speeds it up?

FYI its written in red when you click on My Library > Downloads.
Just allows multiple downloads simultaneously
I clicked on the ad that popped up, went through to the play store then came back out and hey Presto turbo mode is on
Edited by: "ding" 20th Aug 2014
ding

I clicked on the ad that popped up, went through to the play store then … I clicked on the ad that popped up, went through to the play store then came back out and hey Presto turbo mode is on

thanx just did that works a treat
I don't understand why it shows a few movies, but when you click the movie, it says "Video not available".
Looks like it also gives you the ability to have multiple downloads running at the same time.
What does it mean" turbo mode off".
Anyone know a good alternative to showbox but with 1080 movie options. I'm assuming the high quality options on download on showbox is 720.
Hd is 720 yeah

Youll have to try xbmc for 1080p content
12Jokerz

I don't understand why it shows a few movies, but when you click the … I don't understand why it shows a few movies, but when you click the movie, it says "Video not available".

Im guessing server links currently removed for that content
I saw it on one film, then next day available in hd
mrwhitelabel

Im guessing server links currently removed for that contentI saw it on … Im guessing server links currently removed for that contentI saw it on one film, then next day available in hd

or your ISP is blocking the content
All right I clicked on the ad and went to the play store and the turbo still says. ..turbo off...I am on a galaxy s4..show box works great on it but I would like to download the movies a lot faster
On the subject of the video not avalable d/load avia player and re d/load show box hey presto
mattmerch

or your ISP is blocking the content

no this is from within showbox, its not even showing the links just says " video not available now"
I can watch all others so its not a content block from my side
I just clicked on the turbo off text under downloads and it switched to on
Click it twice and close add and its on :-)
do most people download then ?

Ive done it once

and usually just stream
I also saw this turbo thing yesterday on my showbox app then suddenly after i've downloaded the movie, i cant transfer it to the usb or cant even copy it through pc. I've tried using a port from mobile to TV but still doesnt work.
Turbo mode did not speed up my downloads one bit...... But if you pause download and resume every 5-10 seconds it speeds along
Showbox is acting like a piece of ****. It won't download anything, you can't even turn on the turbo mode. The update this last time has messed up everything
skittles28

Showbox is acting like a piece of ****. It won't download anything, you … Showbox is acting like a piece of ****. It won't download anything, you can't even turn on the turbo mode. The update this last time has messed up everything

Have you tried converting the media to avi with a video converter? Just wonder if it is due to codecs needing to be updated.Just a thought!
Can some one tell me how to deactivate turbo mode cause wen i download a movie it doesn't show a thing due to the recent update.
Two possible solutions to the recent update:
1.Convert the clip into avi using a video converter - use any video converter
2. Save the file and if you see a temp. extension, rename the file deleting the temp name from the file - suddenly it becomes a pure mp4 file again.
Hi. So, is anybody else getting: "waiting for dowloading..." and then nothing happens? Is this because of the new update?
Thanks!

Omg, i followed what zombieman said. I renamed a temporary file by omitting the 'temp' extension name and now it's working fine. Thanks a lot zombieman!
i tried what zombieman said, renaming the file but deleting the temp extension, when i click rename in my files on the s4 its not there just comes up with the film name.mp4 but close the rename box and it says filmname.mp4.temp? any ideas?!?
sdysonr30

i tried what zombieman said, renaming the file but deleting the temp … i tried what zombieman said, renaming the file but deleting the temp extension, when i click rename in my files on the s4 its not there just comes up with the film name.mp4 but close the rename box and it says filmname.mp4.temp? any ideas?!?

Try another file if you must. Just highlight the rename and then you may find the temp name behind the highlight. but not included in the highlight.Readjust and you should be able to delete it.
All of this does not work. How to get it without the turbo on or off?
I got turbo mode to turn on by following the pop up ad that came once I selected turbo. It allows 2 downloads at once, and seems to be as fast as a single download. I haven't tried disabling turbo. There also seems to not allow a user to watch too many show episodes per day. I uninstalled the app and will reinstall and attempt to figure out a few other quirks and problems.
TURBO MODE:- ANDROID

1. OPEN UP SHOWBOX AND DOWNLOAD ANY SHOW OR MOVIE
2. GO TO LIBRARY AND DOWNLOADS
3. TAP THE "TURBO MODE: OFF"
4.WAIT A FEW SECONDS UNTIL THE SCREEN LOADS UP
5.CLICK ON THE APP AND WAIT A FEW SECONDS
6.THAN EXIT TO HOME AND OPEN UP SHOW BOX
7. NOW TURBO MODE HAS BEEN ACTIVATED
*if this does now work the first time try again it shall work"
I don't understand step 5
Click on the pop up ad step 5 and then exit out..
I once had the same problem..after pause then it cant resume..so i clear data and re open showbox,my ongoing download continue as well but its save as mp4.temp..i also tried the step zombieman told but it doesnt work..anybody knows how 2 change the format to mp4?
My showbox won't let me see movied or shows ive installed and uninstalled 3 times please HELP!
I know a say to activate without clicking advert, use root and hack app data
i waited for the pop up af but still it takes a couple of minutes and still no link for playstore. Is that normal? please help. I need to turn on the turbo mode. TIA
Download ES File Explorer from the Play Store (the best file explorer app)... After the file has been downloaded, go into ES File Explorer and then go into the downloads. The file that has been completed in Showbox and is showing ".temp" in the file name - press and hold the name of the file.. it will be check marked... press rename and just remove the ".temp" so that the end of the file name stays ".mp4" and that's it!! Right after the file's image will change to beginning of the movie.
What's the use of turbo mode? It does not speed up my download
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants