Expired

Any one own a z370 x hero motherboard ?

Found 1st Apr
Looking into upgrading my main PC to an i7 8700K. Have ordered the cooler but need to get a motherboard. I was originally looking at the strix z370-e but the z370 x hero is supposed to be worth the extra. I've no need for WIFI as this PC will always be Ethernet.

The Asus seems the best of the lower tier boards out there but I'm open to opinions.

Thanks.
Community Updates
AskMotherboard
2 Comments
Depends on what extra features the board has. I have the Gigabyte Z370 HD3-CF. Was £88 when ebay did the 20% just after xmas. So far so good. I have 1 HDD, 1 SSD and a 1050ti. Hasn't caused any issues at all. I believe the top end ones may have extra things as you say like wifi etc, but generally I think the main stream ones are just as good. Oh am running a 8600k but neither here or there.
99pinkyandthebrain9945 m ago

Depends on what extra features the board has. I have the Gigabyte Z370 …Depends on what extra features the board has. I have the Gigabyte Z370 HD3-CF. Was £88 when ebay did the 20% just after xmas. So far so good. I have 1 HDD, 1 SSD and a 1050ti. Hasn't caused any issues at all. I believe the top end ones may have extra things as you say like wifi etc, but generally I think the main stream ones are just as good. Oh am running a 8600k but neither here or there.

Thanks for the reply but bought the x hero last night I'm pairing it with an i7 8700K and 8GB of 3200. Running it with my r9 290 but hope to get a new Nvidia GPU later in the year.

Hopefully ram will drop some point and I can upgrade to 16GB.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants