Groups

Any one tips on riding to keep fit, I ride on a cycle bike for the 1st time in around 6 years tuesday.....God dam it i still ache

I had been thinking about getting a bike for some time to help keep fit but never really had the £'s to get one. So when my cousin said i can have his for free i jumped at the chance the only problem was it was at his work place & i had to ride it back home.

When i got there the tires where a bit flat as it had not been used & left in the cold cellar for the last month. So had to ride the bike back to his where he put some air in for me, then had to finish riding the bike back to mine.

All in all the distance to get the bike, go & get the air n back to mine was 5.5miles, which may not seam a lot but god dam it im still feeling it now. i did have to get off & push for the last 0.6mile cos my asthma had started to play up

For some reason it feels like iv bruised my ass & the very top of my legs + it feels like iv knotted i muscle in my foot god knows how iv done that , if i seat down iv got to make sure its on something soft , i did get on the bike last night to go the local shops & sat on down & it felt like something had stung my ass lol.

Any one got any tips/advice on the best way to start out keeping fit on by cycling. I am thinking of getting a softer saddle but iv just looked at halfords online an it was OMG im not paying that price for one!! So anyone know anywhere to get a good soft saddle from at a ok price

Cheers

12 Comments

i bought some of the padded underpants, i think they were 12 quid from evans cycles, they are like boxers and go under your shorts, they make such a difference! Keep it up mate!

oh yea, always take your inhalor with you! i always take mine and my asthma seems to pop up at a random time!

:lol: i know that feeling, i was in a similiar situation & i ached like ******y for weeks, but it gets better :thumbsup:

lol i know the feeling well,
    i did ride every day up until a year ago but my ass was always sore felt bruised i would be also interested to hear what seats people suggest

try a trampoline

you can get gel seats but never tried one, as they say no pain no gain :lol:

Original Poster

chralph;6941075

i bought some of the padded underpants, i think they were 12 quid from … i bought some of the padded underpants, i think they were 12 quid from evans cycles, they are like boxers and go under your shorts, they make such a difference! Keep it up mate!

Padded underpants, never heard of them before, just checked only got 1 evens cycles in Birmingham, so guess its a trip in to town & have a look.

richp;6941104

:lol: i know that feeling, i was in a similiar situation & i ached like … :lol: i know that feeling, i was in a similiar situation & i ached like ******y for weeks, but it gets better :thumbsup:

Gets better?? How long mate, as i was actually enjoying the ride home on Tuesday up untill the point where my asthma started playing up. An would like to do it again but maybe a touch shorter & build up. But if anything like just going to the local shop's & my ass stung sitting down im not i want to be feeling that pain that often lol

richp;6941146

you can get gel seats but never tried one, as they say no pain no gain … you can get gel seats but never tried one, as they say no pain no gain :lol:

No pain no gain, well if i do put up with the pain it all better be worth it lol......gel seats never heard of them....but as im only just getting in to all of this i guess something else for me to look in to

Cheers

took about 4 weeks for me aching bits to stop aching, but take it easy to start with instead of trying to cycle the tour de france. once i got into it i loved it, but now the weather has closed in, im back in me car, so the numb ass is going to happen again when i get back on me treader !

]Gel seat cover

start off slowly and build up gradually. If you kill yourself with it it will feel likie a chore instead of something you will look forward to

Tesco do gel wraparound covers for razorsharp seats, work quite well, good tight fit too.

direct.tesco.com/q/R…spx

Original Poster

richp;6941552

took about 4 weeks for me aching bits to stop aching, but take it easy to … took about 4 weeks for me aching bits to stop aching, but take it easy to start with instead of trying to cycle the tour de france. once i got into it i loved it, but now the weather has closed in, im back in me car, so the numb ass is going to happen again when i get back on me treader !]Gel seat cover

esq3585;6943746

Tesco do gel wraparound covers for razorsharp seats, work quite well, … Tesco do gel wraparound covers for razorsharp seats, work quite well, good tight fit too.http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.205-0808.aspx

Thanks for the links guys, will check them out.

Rep added

you could always wear a nappy think they are padded and it would prevent you having to stop to go to the toilet
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Magazine competitions - Issue 39 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk55
      2. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains109
      3. Win a Free minion usb stick1010
      4. totalev.com comp - win an electric car2121

See more discussions