Groups

Any one with a 26" LCD do me a favour please!!!!

Why i ever agreed to find a TV for my Aunt i will never know, if anyone has a 26" LCD could you measure from the bottom of the stand to the top of the TV (not just the TV) please, im trying to find out what the average size including the stand a 26" is, rep left for any help,

Reason being it has to fit in a prehistoric cabinet that is about 20" High,

Oh, and could you let me know the make and model (and if its any good) would be eternally gratefull!!!!!!!!!!

5 Comments

Banned

My Panasonic TX- 26LMD70 TV measures 53cm (just under 21") from top to bottom including the wee stand so might be a bit big.
    It's been a good TV so far.

Sony 26-S3000 (prob discontinued now but is very good - have got more sonys and are all incredible)

50cm high (just under 20") from bottom of stand to tip of the TV :thumbsup:

Original Poster

Just the job, thanks so much, rep left!!!, any other appreciated:thumbsup:

I can't do a direct link for this, but Currys list TVs by size, and if you click the Product Info link, they'll tell you the dimensions including and excluding the stand. The first one I looked at, a Panasonic TX-L26X10, is 434mm high without stand, 474mm hgh with, and 664mm across. There's loads more there to find one that fits.

Btw, I reckon it might be possible to fit a bigger telly in by not using the stand, and instead using some method to support the TV. A hefty chunk of wood and a VESA wall-mount is my frst thought. Measure the wood so its edge is in line with the bottom of the TV, bolt the wall mount and the wood together, attach TV. Should be pretty solid. See if you can get a telly with a flat base, too - my 42" had a thick and flat enough bottom that it coud free-stand. Flat base and wood block should be good.

Btw, why you agreed to find your aunt a telly is the same as the reason that you post so many excellent deals. It's because you're rather an ace chap.

Original Poster

dxx;5668636

I can't do a direct link for this, but Currys list TVs by size, and if … I can't do a direct link for this, but Currys list TVs by size, and if you click the Product Info link, they'll tell you the dimensions including and excluding the stand. The first one I looked at, a Panasonic TX-L26X10, is 434mm high without stand, 474mm hgh with, and 664mm across. There's loads more there to find one that fits.Btw, I reckon it might be possible to fit a bigger telly in by not using the stand, and instead using some method to support the TV. A hefty chunk of wood and a VESA wall-mount is my frst thought. Measure the wood so its edge is in line with the bottom of the TV, bolt the wall mount and the wood together, attach TV. Should be pretty solid. See if you can get a telly with a flat base, too - my 42" had a thick and flat enough bottom that it coud free-stand. Flat base and wood block should be good.Btw, why you agreed to find your aunt a telly is the same as the reason that you post so many excellent deals. It's because you're rather an ace chap.

:thumbsup:, thanks for that def something to consider as at the moment it is so hard finding that exact size TV, your last bit made my day:) rep for your post and your lovely comment:)
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Rest In Peace Jerry Lewis.66
      2. So, whose already pre-ordered a Scorpio and where from?66
      3. Are these two things distinctly different to you?99
      4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846240

See more discussions